1. Welcome to TalkBass, the Premier Bass Player Community and Information Source. We've been uniting the Low End Since 1998!

We're glad you've found us. Register a 100% Free Account to post and unlock tons of features.

The Old Speakers: What do you do with them?

Discussion in 'Amps [BG]' started by P. Aaron, Mar 28, 2014.

1. P. Aaron

P. Aaron Supporting Member

2- 10" Eminence drivers from my LDS cab. When Don built my 2nd cab in 2007 he asked that I bring in the first so he could match them up.

He stated that the speakers wear starting to tear. I never really noticed any difference and kept bangin' away getting good tone & no flappin'.

I have finally viewed these speakers up close & by golly, they have tears in them. So, I've ordered replacements.

My friend wants the hellish magnets out of the old drivers...but, would it make sense to re-cone-rebuild them?

Can they be remade to be just like what I am replacing? Or do they go into the recycling bin?

2. deeptubes

deeptubes

3. P. Aaron

P. Aaron Supporting Member

4. Downunderwonder

Downunderwonder

A good recone job is essentially a brand new speaker. All the moving parts are replaced, recycling the magnet and frame only.

5. Register to disable this ad
  6. AlexanderB

AlexanderB

For some Peaveys, only the magnet...

7. Downunderwonder

Downunderwonder

I noticed those are aftermarket kits. The ones you want are the genuine OEM Eminence.