1. Welcome to TalkBass, the Premier Bass Player Community and Information Source. We've been uniting the Low End Since 1998!

We're glad you've found us. Register a 100% Free Account to post and unlock tons of features.

The Peavey TOUR TNT 115 owners/on-order club

Discussion in 'Amps [BG]' started by elocke2009, Aug 19, 2009.

1. elocke2009

elocke2009

Mine's ordered and on the first shipment!
    Major props to my man Vince Mullin from Opry Music Store in Miramichi, NB for showing me the amp and placing my order...should be in mid-September!

2. dgce

dgce

So you've had your Peavey combo for a few months. What do you think of it now?

Thanks!

3. bassplayer7770

bassplayer7770

I'd be curious if he's actually received it yet. The new combos look great, though, and they seem to offer a lot of power for the money.

4. dgce

dgce

I read on another thread that the combo isn't really 600watts. With additional speaker your rig will be at 4oms but you'll only get 300watts, not 600. As a stand alone, even less of course. I don't know what to believe.

5. Register to disable this ad
  6. Mike Shevlin

Mike Shevlin

cant' wait to hear the first reviews!

7. elocke2009

elocke2009

It has been delayed until January. Again.

8. dgce

dgce

grrrrrr!!!

9. elocke2009

elocke2009

ya. I ordered it in August and I was one of the last two available for purchase on the original shipment. That was fine it was to ship in September and arrive in October. Then it was delayed until November and finally January. rather depressing really.

10. ProfGumby

ProfGumby Supporting Member

I was going to start a thread about this amp. I am wondering if it will be released before the 2010 NAMM show....
    :confused:

I have no doubt that this will be a great lil amp, and with the expandability very versitile. And I too read the 600 watts was a"peak" power rating and in real life you would be pushing in the low 300 watt range. Which for my needs and garage band/small venues the power would be fine.

That being said, the Tour 450 head and a 15 inch TVX cabinet will blow this thing out of the water, for not much more coin, especially if a guy bought used.

I am still a ways out from my new amp and really want to wait till the TNT shows up before deciding, but a 450 in a rack with a rack tuner and a few stomp boxes on top of a 2x10 or a 1x15 or even a 4x10 ( :D ) will have it's way with the TNT in every way other than portability.

Someone from Peavey correct me if I am wrong....

11. elocke2009

elocke2009

and price. 734 dollars taxes in for a 300 watt amp? Sounds like a bargain to me! I was looking at paying 950 before taxes for the warwick sweet 25.2 (250 watts) before we spotted this guy. Really excited to try it out. Now, if only it would arrive!

12. ProfGumby

ProfGumby Supporting Member

13. elocke2009

elocke2009

ya shipping and whatnot added up for us

14. garnermike

garnermike

I questioned the wattage on this unit. I called Peavey asking if the 600 watts was peak or RMS. They said "RMS, of course."
    Then on one of the sales website, they had several pix of the unit, including a close up of the control and back panel. The site allowed zoom-in, and by zooming in you could see the wording, clear as a bell, "300 RMS watts."

15. elocke2009

elocke2009

Yes, I believe it is 600 watt peak but I believe they are trying to make you believe it is RMS for some reason until sale time. This has been confusing for me as well, but it's no big deal for me as my parents are purchasing it due to an old agreement.

16. pocketgroove

pocketgroove

I ordered one Feb. 19, and I got it June 16th. It's an excellent amp.

17. elocke2009

elocke2009

I received mine back in March 18th I believe and I agree it is a great amp.

18. rpsands

rpsands

I went to a guitar center that had one of these the other day. It's HUGE and HEAVY. I would not even consider it. It seriously weighs like 80lbs. Light weight my butt.

19. jeff_w

jeff_w

There's no way that thing weighs 80 lbs. I picked one up today and it maybe weighed 50 lbs. All told, I thought it was pretty light for it's size.

20. mech

mech

21. pocketgroove

pocketgroove

It does weigh about 75 lbs. I laughed when I got mine because it's heavy and looks like a big A/C unit, and they've been publicized as lightweight!
    It's a great amp though; one of my concerns about it was that it wouldn't be able to do vintage tones very well because it's a monster, but that turned out to be untrue. It's very versatile, a lot of tone-shaping options.
    This is my first real amp, too; my old one was a Behringer BXL900A that I had been trying desperately to get rid of. What an awful amp. The EQ on it doen't even do anything past the 3rd or 4th slider; however it did make a difference when a guitar was plugged into the amp. Hmm...

@elocke2009:
    Does your amp have the little plate in the bottom center thats says TNT 115, like in the pictures available online? http://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/TourTNT/
    Mone doesn't. I've noticed a few differences that my amp has from the pictures online, but that's not really a bad thing.