1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TalkBass iphone/android app is NOT WORKING currently. We're working on it. Tapatalk IS working, so if you need to use an app, use Tapatalk. Try using your browser though - TalkBass is now 100% responsive to your phone/tablet screen size ;)

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

The Perfect Bass customer service...An incredible experience

Discussion in 'The Perfect Bass' started by lsu921, Feb 24, 2006.

1. lsu921

lsu921 Supporting Member

I'm one of the OC (original customers) of TPB, so I thought I'd chime in here.. The first time I visited TPB, James still had everything in boxes. He unpacked darn near every bass he had in stock to let me try 'em all out. He was very patient and extremely helpful. As his business has grown of the last couple of years, he hasn't changed one bit. He'll bend over backwards to get YOU exactly what YOU want, and he'll make sure it's RIGHT before you get it.

If you've never dealt with James before, I can assure you that you're dealing with a first class person and businessman.

..and Robert. Although he's a guitar player, he isn't half bad himself.

:p

Jason
  2. Tony G

Tony G

Thats very cool. I wish I had a bass specific shop in my area.
  3. perfdavid

perfdavid

I went in there the other day. They were really helpful and James enjoyed showing me around their store. He was even seeing what free stuff he could give me. Guitar center never gave me anything for free. Its nice to see a local business like that succeed on a national level.
  4. Gard

Gard

Disclosures:
    General Manager, Roscoe Guitars
    ...how much did James pay you for that post???

:bag:

:D

Yeah, James is a good dude, no doubt, we had a great time when he came up to visit the shop here in Greensboro back in January.

Robert on the other hand...well, I guess he's OK for a guitarist.... :spit:
  5. lsu921

lsu921 Supporting Member

10 lbs. of boiled crawfish!

Nah.. James is truly a good guy. He's always been good to me, so I thought I would pass along my experience. I know he takes care of all of his customers too.. Not just the local Cajuns..

:smug:

James seems to like Robert, so I guess we'll have to let him slide..

J
  6. Gard

Gard

Disclosures:
    Aw heck, I'd've done it for 5lbs!

[​IMG]

Yeah, he does take good care of us RCA's, don't he? He sent us a care package at Christmas, lots of Tony C's, Tobasco (both the regular and the jalapeno versions), and even some of the injector kits for fried turkeys (which didn't get used, as no one here has a pot big enough to fry one! :D )

Hey, where do you think I stole that "rockin'" smile up there from? Robert, of course...yeah, he's OK, he can stay...

[​IMG]

(If it's good, use it twice! :D )
  7. lsu921

lsu921 Supporting Member

Yeah, but Tony's charges $50 to overnight 5lbs. of bugs!!

:spit:

Oh, don't worry bro.. I'm working on a wedding gift for you!! I've started collecting some things already.. You'll be stocked up for a while!

:)

Robert.. If you're reading this... Get back to work!!

:ninja:

J
  8. Robert TPB

Robert TPB ThePerfectBass.com

Busted..........
  9. Gard

Gard

Disclosures:
    ...like Jason has room to talk, he's supposed to be workin' too!!!

:spit:

...er...uh...waitaminit....:ninja:...uh....:bag:....

....look busy, the boss is comin'!!!! :eek:
  10. Gard

Gard

Disclosures:
    ...and worth every penny! :D

All I gotta say is: [​IMG]

Oh, and YOU have room to talk??? :scowl:

;)
  11. lsu921

lsu921 Supporting Member

Multi-tasking... Yeah... That's what I'm doing..

:p

J
  12. lsu921

lsu921 Supporting Member

Happens to the best of us bro..

:cool:
  13. NOLA Bass

NOLA Bass Mr. Worst Case Scenario Man Supporting Member

Just went to TPB last Tuesday for the first time (I live in New Orleans). Well worth the drive from New Orleans. James and Robert seem like great guys to do business with and they have an outstanding selection of gear.
  14. ThePerfectBass

ThePerfectBass Supporting Member

Now I know what to get you guys this year! :smug:
  15. Gard

Gard

Disclosures:
    We'll be fryin' turkey's in the parkin' lot!!!!

[​IMG]
  16. Robert TPB

Robert TPB ThePerfectBass.com

On America's Funniest Videos (or some show like that) some guy sank a turkey in vat of oil that was too hot and the bird burst into flames. Then, to add insult to injury, the rack that was holding the pot o' flaming fowl fell over and everything went into the fire.

I bet they had Domino's for Thanksgiving.
  17. Gard

Gard

Disclosures:
    ...rookies...

:scowl:

;)
  18. Bo_H

Bo_H

I'm a little late on this thread, but I think James is one heckuva guy. In early 2005 I was having trouble with a Spector and I talked to him several times on the phone about the bass' issues. He was very patient with me even though I was unable to make the long drive to have him look at my bass. If I am ever in the area, I'm stopping to have a look at his shop and perhaps even walk away with one of those sweet MTD fretless fivers!

BB5
  19. MKS

MKS

I stopped by TPB in May of last year when they hosted Norm Stockton's Groovin' for Heaven clinic. James was a fantastic host and made me feel very welcome (despite having a horrendously busy weekend!) and I had a blast just hanging out, chatting, trying out some of the scrummy basses they had in stock. Ultra-nice guy with a really great attitude.

Nice to see your presence here James. Hope things are going well for ya!

Take care, God bless.

Mike
  20. butchonbass

butchonbass

Disclosures:
    Bayou Audio Cables
    I live about a mile away from these guys. Very nice folks. You need blinders when you walk in so you won't trip over your own feet! Wow! It's really a treat to be able to play all those great basses right here in town. They don't mind you spending all day and they don't seem to mind wiping the drool off the basses... ;)