The Praise and Worship Band Bassists Club part 32

Discussion in 'Band Management [BG]' started by David Wilson, Mar 5, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. David Wilson

David Wilson Administrator Administrator

Media:
  2. SoVeryTired

SoVeryTired Endorsing nothing, recommending much Supporting Member

In, subbed, and thanks David!
  3. theLimeyBrit

theLimeyBrit Used Register Supporting Member

Do any of you lot deliberately do anything different worship-wise during Lent? In the Episcopal tradition we "bury" the word "Hallelujah" until Easter Sunday, so that means no songs featuring that word for the next 6 weeks. I was just wondering if anyone else had similar traditions that are reserved for this season.
  4. LightGroove

LightGroove

Neat idea!
  5. Register to disable this ad
  6. SoVeryTired

SoVeryTired Endorsing nothing, recommending much Supporting Member

No traditions particularly. I'm looking forward to our Good Friday evening service though. It was our first one last year and was a 'why haven't we done this before?' moment.
  7. ExaltBass

ExaltBass Just a BassGuy! Gold Supporting Member

Disclosures:
    Endorsing Lindsey Basses - crafter of XBass cables
    Also in & subbed. We have a new Kari Jobe song on the docket this week... "Forever" (not that one) and a new electric guitarist... should be fun.

http://youtu.be/Nm7zcgcUoyg
  8. Jhengsman

Jhengsman

Basically those denominations which follow a liturgical calendar do. At times in the evangelical world you have leaders who were raised in and/or influenced by the mainline churches. The Catholic, Lutheran, Anglican, Methodist. ...
  9. NLBassist

NLBassist

what do you all mean by "in, subbed"?
  10. Paladin54

Paladin54 Providing the low end for the High One Supporting Member

Subbed means subscribed. Once they post on the thread the forum software subscribes them to the thread so they get notifications and is easier to find.
  11. mtb777

mtb777 Serving bottom for the Most High. Supporting Member

Top right corner......THREAD TOOLS.....open and click on subscribe to thread.

I'm usually on an iPhone or iPad and have to click on the Web View button to access the Tread Tools to subscribe to a thread.
  12. R&B

R&B Don't want no treble. Supporting Member

Yes, Anglican here, we are in no-frills mode until Easter. No alleluias, and stripped-down music. It makes the joy of the Resurrection that much sweeter.

As for me, my Lenten plan is to stay off those addictive TB Classifieds...except to sell. :p
  13. theLimeyBrit

theLimeyBrit Used Register Supporting Member

What do you mean by stripped-down music? Less of it? Fewer instruments? Introspective, minor-key songs instead of raise-the-roof anthems?

14. bassman314

bassman314 I seem to be a verb, an evolutionary process... Gold Supporting Member

This.

It's what we used to do under our old Choir director/music director. He grew up Methodist, but realy felt like we was a closet Anglican and worked in Presbyterian churches.

No drums, other than possibly cajon or Djembe. I'd play fretless dialed in to sound more like an upright than an electric.
  15. SteveC

SteveC

We get pretty blah until Easter now was well. No alleluias, not stripped down but definitely not as rocking' as we're used to.
  16. jmcorn

jmcorn Supporting Member

Disclosures:
    Praise and Worship bassist member #1232
    Anybody listened to the Paul Baloche "He is Risen". I couldn't listen to the whole thing. It came across Facebook.
  17. Paladin54

Paladin54 Providing the low end for the High One Supporting Member

Good song, the kind a congregation could really sing
  18. chuck norriss

chuck norriss Supporting Member

I love stripped down music my gf and i do hymns and worship songs stripped down.

I went to Hillsong United L.A. last night. I wanted to check it out & worship with them. The problem is so did the rest of L.A. They're going to need a bigger boat. People were cutting in line; once we were in people were shoving. It was like being at a rock concert no actually people behave a little better at concerts. They added a third service because there were still people waiting outside. The line wrapped around the block when I was waiting.
    The band was great, the sound mix was crap--all skull vibrating bass & some vocals couldn't hear anything else. I didn't stay for the message. I'll go back once the dust settles. I'll have to go early to get a good seat but i'm not leaving my church; I just want to worship on a tue night. [cranky voice] Immmm tooooo ooooooolllllllld furrrrr hiillllllsoooooooonnnnnnnng
  19. chuck norriss

chuck norriss Supporting Member

It will be good for people looking for God or a place to worship God but I hope Hillsong don't take people from their current churches, just new believers.
  20. praisebass

praisebass

I typically use the android app and to subscribe, use the star in the top right corner.
  21. jmcorn

jmcorn Supporting Member

Disclosures:
    Praise and Worship bassist member #1232
    It will probably happen. It happened in our small town (Anderson, SC) when Newspring church started taking off.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.