1. A Supporting membership is required to post items for sale in the classifieds

2. Welcome to TalkBass, the Premier Bass Player Community and Information Source. We've been uniting the Low End Since 1998!

We're glad you've found us. Register a 100% Free Account to post and unlock tons of features.
  3. Please Read:Classifieds Rules, Usage Agreement, and FAQ for info on bumping, marking SOLD, and more.

The Roscoe Century Custom JJ XQM returns - $2400

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by bpwb, Mar 16, 2014.

1. bpwb

bpwb Supporting Member

*** TRADED ***

For sale (trades maybe - see bottom of postom) is a very nice 2011 Keith Roscoe Custom Century 5 string JJ XQM (Exotic Quilted Maple Top). This is a very special bass. It was custom ordered with a 34" scale length. Not very many Roscoe 5 strings out there with 34" scale. The body is swampash topped with an exhibition grade quilted maple top. The neck is the 3 piece maple and purple heart with a spalted purple heart fingerboard. The body has an oil finish and as you can see the quilting of the maple top wood is stunning. The Roscoe logo on the headstock is made of Abalone (another custom option). The bass weighs 8 pounds 2 ounces on my postal digital scale. The bass is in excellent condition with very little wear or imperfections. It has a custom shaped thin profile neck. It is setup with a very low action which makes it a real pleasure to play. The neck is straight and the truss rod works as it should. Some of the pictures show some imperfections on the bass. There are a couple of small chips around the screw hole on the back of the bass where the neck is bolted on. There is a small indentation on the body above the bridge pickup that you can see in the pictures. There is another picture that shows the layers of the body. There is a slice of wenge in there as a tone plate. The last few pictures show some imperfections in the body wood that came about in the manufacturing process at the Roscoe factory. Their practice is to fill those when they happen. A phone call was made to the factory to verify as such. I also have photos of the bass with those marks on it when it was for sale at the original store where it was purchased; Rocket Music in Blacksburg, VA. I can make those available for anyone who would like to see them. I just picked this bass up strictly because it was a 34" scale but I am finding that (having owned several Roscoes) my taste sits more with the more modern Bartolini soap bar pickup sound rather than the more traditional Jazz bass sound. This is really sort of a Jazz bass on steroids. It has a James Demeter preamp that was installed by a previous owner. The Demeter preamps are super clean. It comes with two separate switches. They call it a Q switch. It takes it from a wide to narrow bandwidth. It provides some additional versatility. Comes with original hardshell case which is in excellent condition. Included is the paperwork and truss rod tool. E-mail me with any questions. I accept PayPal only and I only ship to US addresses. Asking $2400 shipped insured via Fedex shipping in the CONUS. No APOs. Thanks for looking!

Not really interested in trades generally speaking but I would consider a trade for a Pedulla Thunderbass or Thunderbolt. Not interested in much else but it never hurts to ask.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Blake Bass

Blake Bass

Weight?
    Nevermind..I see it 8lbs 2oz..what a perfect Roscoe!

3. bpwb

bpwb Supporting Member

4. CrashClint

CrashClint I Play Bass therefore I Am Gold Supporting Member

The Prodigal Bass is returning home. :D

5. Register to disable this ad
  6. bpwb

bpwb Supporting Member

I love happy endings!