The so NOT Geddy Squire bass for craaaaazy $

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Josh Thatguy, Jan 17, 2014.

1. Josh Thatguy

Josh Thatguy Registered abUser Supporting Member

Disclosures:
    Use of this field for any other purpose is prohibited
  2. spanndrew

spanndrew

3. Jaco Taco

Jaco Taco

The pickguard doesn't even look like it's one of those Clockwork Angel symbols. There's a scam born every second on ebay.
  4. ModuMan

ModuMan How many is too many? Supporting Member

5. Register to disable this ad
  6. Josh Thatguy

Josh Thatguy Registered abUser Supporting Member

Disclosures:
    Use of this field for any other purpose is prohibited
    Yeah, I knew it was legit (or at least as "legit" as a Squire could be as endorsed by Rush), but the price on that thing-- his starting bid of $550 with a Buy-It-Now of $715-- is more than most of the MIJ/CIJ actual FENDER Geddy's have been going for lately!

And didja notice-- "local pickup only"-- but then there's the "Will consider shipping if buyer arranges after payment is received and cleared" part??? In other words, the way he states it, he will THINK about shipping it AFTER it's paid for, but doesn't state that he WILL ship it for sure?
    Um, what if he decides, "nah, I decided not to ship it after all, you have to come get it"???

And yet, he will probably be angry at the world when it doesn't sell.

On another note, I guarandamntee that there's a few places (decal companies, woodworking shops) that could copy that Clockwork symbol, AND burn a Rush-branded scar into the back of a headstock, on a $300 new/$225 used Squire Vintage Vibe, for a LOT less than the $415 descrepancy there is given the Buy It Now price.
  7. Jah Wobble Fan

Jah Wobble Fan

Media: