1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TB Android app is working, you may need to uninstall/reinstall. The iPhone app is still pending approval by Apple. If you haven't yet, try using your mobile browser - TalkBass is responsive to any screen size.

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

The Sterling SURE CAN Disco ! GK & Genz can too... PICS

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Tunaman, Feb 9, 2014.

1. Tunaman

Tunaman Supporting Member

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Every tone I wanted, for every song, all night long. BAM

[​IMG]

Big props to the Musicman Sterling & the 5 way pickup switch for changing tone DRAMATICALLY on the fly. Having both series & parallel with no volume change is an incredible feat vs other basses I've owned.... The grind (Series Mode) & the warmth (Parallel). Its a cover band bassists dream when you run song to song without a break.

GK NEO 412 with dual channel Genz Benz 9.2 Shuttlemax making ANYTHING & EVERYTHING possible. The rumble of the GK NEO 412 is intense. I've been running a few other cabs lately but the extra oomph of 412s vs my GK NEO 115 stack is very significant. I'm glad I made the switch to go big.

The Shuttlemax 9.2 with dual channels, one for pillow warmth booty shaking lows... the other for aggressive clarity & effects. My effects pedal died in the middle of a song, changed channels & I was back up & running. I can bring any frequency up & down in the mix. The 5 position footswitch a complete beast. Just awesome

Tone nirvana & now going on a few years without ANY amp \ cab gas. :hyper: Sterling 4 Life
  2. Goldmember

Goldmember

I can dig it. I can dig it. I CAN DIG IT!
  3. Selta

Selta

Disclosures:
    Uncompensated endorsing user: EBMM
    Sweet! Sterling HS is on my boiler plate to try out someday.
  4. agedhorse

agedhorse Development Engineer-Mesa, Product Support-Genz Supporting Member

Absolutely great shirt!
  5. Baird6869

Baird6869 Supporting Member

That is one hell of a great pair of boots. Right on.
  6. Smallmouth_Bass

Smallmouth_Bass Supporting Member

I'd like to try a multi-pickup Sterling 5.

It sounds like you have a great setup there.
  7. Tunaman

The 5 pickup switch to change tone in addition to a 3 band EQ means you have a TON of options that are easy to get your head around.

Gotta try it ! So fast to change your tone & know you haven't affected volume one bit.
  8. Jamarvic

Jamarvic Endorsing Mofongo! Supporting Member

I knew that you could!
  9. Tunaman

Luckily didn't fall on the ass :bassist:
  10. StuartV

StuartV Out of GAS!! Supporting Member

+1!