The Ultimate Bass

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Bassisgood4U, Feb 2, 2014.

1. Bassisgood4U

Bassisgood4U Banned

I thought of possibly the best idea I've had in years...a Spector with Alembic pickups and preamp. I guess it would have to be the P and J pickup version. Anybody actually own one of these, or is it just a very expensive dream of mine?

2. malthumb

malthumb Supporting Member

Media:
    Albums:
    If you are looking for the body style of the Spector and the electronics of the Alembic, it seems to me that a similar option already exists.

Spector (sorry, I don't know what model....I know zippo about the Spector product line)
    [​IMG]

Alembic Essence
    [​IMG]

3. Bassisgood4U

Bassisgood4U Banned

I've owned a 92 Essence 4 and a Stu Spector Woodstock NS5. They were nothing alike. The Alembic was better, mainly because of the electronics.

Spector's only fault: there isn't any wood under those huge neck inlays.

4. malthumb

malthumb Supporting Member

Media:
    Albums:
    That was kinda my point. They look similar, but the electronics are way different. If you want the Spector look, Essence is close. And of course it has the electronics. But then, since you've owned both, you'd know that even better than I would. I've owned a number of Alembics, but never Essence. Played (and really liked) a couple, but never owned one.

That surprises me. Seems it would be more difficult to make the inlays all the way through with no perceivable benefit for doing so.

5. Register to disable this ad
  6. Bassisgood4U

Bassisgood4U Banned

I shouldn't elaborate on that.

That Omega Series II you have is beautiful. I'm happy with my Distillate, but I just know one day I'll have another Essence. The Series stuff is way outta my league.

7. FC Bass

FC Bass Alembic and Mesa/Boogie junkie Supporting Member

Media:
  8. dkelley

dkelley

THAT is nice... like my former series I but in a spector shaped body.... nice! Way more Alembicy than the essence.... based on the activator pickups.

9. Bassisgood4U

Bassisgood4U Banned

Actually, I shoulda called this thread: 'The Ultimate Bass-Other Than a Stock Alembic'.

Thanks for the pics. I've never seen an Essence with Series electronics. They even got the right headstock on there.

10. alembicbones

alembicbones

11. dedpool1052

dedpool1052

12. dedpool1052

dedpool1052

I believe that essence has europa electronics, with the fourth toggle controling LEDs.

13. Bassisgood4U

Bassisgood4U Banned

That's some serious wood, bones. I posted pics of mine on the site, but my profile was removed from the system for some reason.

I still swear by Alembic basses. ;)