The White Album-Unplugged

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by Gorn Captain, Jan 2, 2014.

1. Gorn Captain

Gorn Captain Supporting Member

2. pfox14

pfox14

I've heard several of these "out takes" from the White Album and was unimpressed. There's a very good reason they didn't use them. Sounds like they are just working out the basic songs and the tracks were never meant to be heard by anyone.
  3. Gorn Captain

I agree. These aren't songs I would want on my ipod, but as a Beatles fan, they're interesting.

It's like watching bloopers.
  4. gregmon79

gregmon79 Supporting Member

Media:
    Albums:
    I am a HUGE Beatles fan. I saw they just released something that was all outtakes from a lot of their albums over the years. I must say, Im not a fan of any of these "deep cuts" either. I have to say that I can imagine myself liking some of it but for the most part, its stuff that is so low quality no matter how hard they try to remaster or whatnot, it still is going to sound like rubbish. Ill stick with the LP's and even the remasters of those. I will not spend my money on these bootlegs and deep cuts, just not worth the dollar or the listen most times. Another way to cash in on the Beatles name IMO.
  5. Register to disable this ad
  6. Gorn Captain

Indeed. The one I find most offensive is "Tomorrow Never Knows".
    A collection of 14 tracks that apparently "rock the hardest". I'd think anyone that would potentially be interested in this would already have all the albums anyway.