1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TalkBass iphone/android app is NOT WORKING currently. We're working on it. Tapatalk IS working, so if you need to use an app, use Tapatalk. Try using your browser though - TalkBass is now 100% responsive to your phone/tablet screen size ;)

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

Theremin kits

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Precision345, Jan 7, 2014.

1. Precision345

Precision345 Supporting Member

HI TB,

I'm really interested in buying a Theremin for playing around with and making ghost sounds. Hopefully it will come alive and haunt me too. Seriously though, I want to buy one but I don't know whether my best bet is to buy a kit and assemble it myself or buy a premade one. I don't want to spend a lot on one because, well, it's a Theremin.

Anybody out there have any knowledge and/or experience in the Theremin department? Please help me out if you do!

Thanks a bunch:)
  2. etoncrow

etoncrow (aka Greg Harman, the curmudgeon with a conundrum) Gold Supporting Member

3. Chainsaw Willie

Chainsaw Willie

4. Snakeman1066

Snakeman1066 Supporting Member

a good quality theremin is not cheap!!!

if you want one just for making noise check this out...I have one on the way to put on my board

[​IMG]

The Electro-Faustus EF102 Photo Theremin captures the magic of the original Theremin, while putting it into a modern form. The EF102 uses a light sensitive photocell to control pitch. Add a little reverb or delay, and amaze your friends with its otherworldly sounds. New features include: powered by 9V battery or regulated power supply, triangle/square wave tone option, silkscreen graphics, and input jack to allow A/B switch funtionality so you can plug right into your effects chain.

http://youtu.be/ZY6yONT_S4Y

http://youtu.be/ozTxKjAfMPY

ENJOY!!!

I know I will when it finally gets here!!
  5. mpdd

mpdd Supporting Member

6. lowfreqgeek

lowfreqgeek

Disclosures:
    Endorsing Artist: Regenerate Guitar Works
  7. Chainsaw Willie

Chainsaw Willie

The iPhone - iPad - iPod touch app Air Melody is a pretty decent theremin simulator, also ther is Theriminator.
  8. Chainsaw Willie

Chainsaw Willie

9. Purplefowler

Purplefowler

A etherwave is definately on my shopping list! I love theramins, amazing things. I have a cheap little one and it's fun to play with but it really is only a toy and there is no accuracy there at all. Etherwaves look awesome to play.
  10. spufman

spufman Supporting Member

I love my Etherwave! Scored a fantastic deal off CL a couple years ago, $85 shipped and good to go. So keep your eyes open.
  11. adamsmatthewj

adamsmatthewj Supporting Member

No! Don't post about the Electro Faustus! Nobody buy their pedals! Especially not their Theremin or their Disruptor or their Drum Thing!

I can't allow them to catch on, cause then they'll blow up and everyone will discover how awesome they are! We have to keep all pedal heads everywhere obsessed with only fuzz and overdrive. We can't open their eyes to the EF type of pedals! Cause then some original and unique sounds might make their way into modern music! NOOO!

(www.cheaperpedals.com check out all the EF pedals there, I see they have really good prices on em)
  12. spufman

spufman Supporting Member

By the way, anyone interested in Theremins should definitely watch the the Thermin: a Musical Odyssey (or similar name) documentary. Cool film for musicians or not (my wife and son both enjoyed it, too).