They fire themselves....the clueless ones.

Discussion in 'Band Management [BG]' started by edpal, Mar 4, 2014.

1. edpal

edpal Banned

Media:
    Albums:
    Singer just Facebooked me today "What's up? You guys want to replace me?" This is the guy who ignores your texts, emails and Facebook I.M. for 4+ days, blowing the entire weekend of possible practice times. Guess he didn't understand the legal notice he was sent indicating he no longer had access to our practice space, the locks had been changed and he needed to make arrangements to pick up his gear. :rolleyes:

I feel better now!

2. GlennW

GlennW

Nice try, but it's a few weeks until April Fools' Day.

Everybody knows singers don't have any gear. :D

3. rust_preacher

rust_preacher Supporting Member

No, but if this is a male singer, he will think he has. :bag:

4. snarebear

snarebear

You will need to carry his Equipment out to his car too just like at the gigs.

5. Register to disable this ad
  6. DwaynieAD

DwaynieAD

LOL

7. Joe Louvar

Joe Louvar

to funny - lol :D

8. Bullitt5135

Bullitt5135

It’s amazing how clueless people can be. There must be something in the Michigan water...

My guitar player pulled the Facebook rage quit trick a couple weeks ago. You’d think he was 17 years old based on his behavior, but he’s actually 60. He refused to play a gig which required us to line up a sub drummer (just-in-case). Never called us to see if we were in fact using a sub (which we didn’t), so we played the gig without him. We never suggested he was fired. In fact, the last time we spoke we agreed he could take the night off if he wanted and we’d get back together after the gig. The day after the gig, he was spewing all over Facebook -- we took it as his resignation. Two weeks later, he’s still sending us dirty texts, emails and FB posts (including having his teenage kid post FB trash and texts in order to get around me blocking him). He even resorted to calling a venue we play to try and cancel gigs we have on schedule -- the bar manager called me right back and we had a good laugh about what a d-bag the guy is. The funny thing is that guy thinks I “weezeled” him out of the band. I actually spent the week before the gig trying to get everybody to chill out, do the gig, and move on. The guy is too clueless to realize all this drama was entirely of his own making, and now he shocked and bitter about being out of the band.

9. edpal

edpal Banned

Media:
    Albums:
    From #2 forward, you guys had me almost choking laughing. We apparently NOW have his attention, he's making it all about how the other two of us weren't making time when he was available. "You guys don't realize I was slaving away 8 hrs a day on new music." Odd, I never heard any of it. I thought he was unemployed and mooching off his g/f (and bandmates) with the decent jobs.... I like working with the guitarist, we will slog on for a while. Guitarist and I have written all the music, the music came first so replacement lyrics, which were never getting done anyway, can be arranged.

And no, no gear to speak of. Guitarist is more concerned about gear the dude borrowed.

NExt!

10. 1958Bassman

1958Bassman

Should have thought about that before firing the guy.

Probably pawned it, already.

11. edpal

edpal Banned

Media:
    Albums:
    Well, the situation was complicated by the fact the singer and the guitarist worked together - the guitarist has a small construction company and he'd employ the singer sometimes. And apparently that wasn't so good either, the guitarist recently took a remodeling job but the singer only worked 2 days on it [guitarist to me privately}"He has no skills and never wants to learn, I can really only use him for grunt work. He can't even be trusted not to leave roller marks all over a wall he paints."

No items have been stolen/pawned - we locked the building up in time and singer left a decent guitar, bass and keyboard there. All worth more than the stuff he borrowed. I'm meeting up with guitarist and singer in an hour, we'll see how it goes. I definitely don't want to give him another chance - he's talented and creative, but he has no drive. I don't like having to light a fire under someone's butt repeatedly....I may have to drama queen it "he stays gone or I go". I'm guessing next for him is his g/f kicks him out.

12. Gaolee

Gaolee The Fat Violin Supporting Member

I thought it was drummers who would be homeless if they didn't have girlfriends, not singers. Learn something new every day.

13. Itzayana

Itzayana

Bong, bottle opener, and ego.

14. Lazylion

Lazylion Goin ahead on wit my bad self! Supporting Member

Excellent! You guys are lucky!

15. edpal

edpal Banned

Media:
    Albums:
    Well, he showed up with a borrowed van, actually owned a little more than I had considered: a keyboard, his DJ stand(kinda big), a guitar and a bass plus the monitor speakers we had been using. I had a set of decent working monitors I had brought along - 30 minutes of cleaning and vacuuming the place, rerouting wires for tidiness and the guitarist and I did a celebratory song. What really helped a lot was a friend of the band FOB guy who had booked them a few gigs in past stopped by while singer was moving out. FOB was very supportive despite having first been an acquaintance of the singer. He said the same thing I had concluded - singer is talented but lazy & immature.

Double burn for singer - right before he split a new singer showed up whom our FOB guy had invited. AWKWARD!!:D