1. Welcome to TalkBass, the Premier Bass Player Community and Information Source. We've been uniting the Low End Since 1998!

We're glad you've found us. Register a 100% Free Account to post and unlock tons of features.

Things that are expensive but worth every penny.

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Tony Flow MMMM, Dec 9, 2012.

1. Tony Flow MMMM

Tony Flow MMMM Supporting Member

Related to my other thread. What are some things you buy that seem expensive yet you find it's totally worth it.

Example: I only wear underarmour underwear, I own probably 5-6 pairs and there 20$ each I believe. Yet they are worth every penny. I believe I have worn these for 5 years absolutely no change, no rips, tares, fading stretching, shrinking, and most off all so comfortable, no wedgey and they...... Don't stink from sweat so much.

North face jackets. So thin yet so warm I think there like 150-170$? Make GREAT motorcycle jacket liner. Absolutely blocks all wind.

Apple products, mainly MacBooks, also on a side note I dropped my iPhone 5 on my motorcycle 80mph (fell out pocket) when I picked it up screen had one crack. No apple care I went to apple today, after being told it would be 239$ they have it to me free. This is the second time apple has given me a free phone for my cracked one!

2. capnjim

capnjim

Smithwicks, Macgregor happy feet socks, ground beef from a butcher.

3. jmattbassplaya

jmattbassplaya

Satellite radio. Not sure I'd consider it expensive, but it's definitely worth every penny for people looking to find new music across a whole spectrum of genres.

4. Solarmist

Solarmist Supporting Member

Shakey's Pizza, and Kahlua.

5. Register to disable this ad
  6. two fingers

two fingers You tahkin 'uh me? Yeah, you. You tahkin 'uh me? Supporting Member

I buy pretty expensive lightweight waterproof hiking boots for everyday. I figure if they are designed to be comfortable during such rugged use they should hold up well for what I do daily. This has been been confirmed by me time and time again. I usually shop for bargains but still spend well over $100 on each pair. But they are usually my daily shoes for at least a year so it all levels out in the end. I have tried several pairs of cheaper ones but they either fall apart quickly or hurt my feet. So these days it's either Merrell, Keen, Vasque, or some other fairly pricey shoe depending on what I can find on sale online when my last pair starts to play out.

7. SolomonHelsing

SolomonHelsing

Warwick Basses Denim Jackets. Likely more expensive than other denim jackets I could buy, but they come in my size and have pockets that are big enough to actually hold an old ipod, wallet and phone. and two of them zipped ones that are still big enough.

Once got asked if i do actually play bass and i said yes just don't have a warwick haha.

8. colcifer

colcifer Esteemed Nitpicker Supporting Member

Taylor guitars.

9. P. Aaron

P. Aaron Supporting Member

Properly repairing the BMW.

10. Jeff Bonny

Jeff Bonny Gold Supporting Member

11. Rush-2112

Rush-2112

Unprocessed foods

12. pacojas

pacojas "FYYA BUN" Supporting Member

13. HaMMerHeD

HaMMerHeD

14. Eric Perry

Eric Perry

Agreed. What's sad is they are becoming harder and harder to find.

15. Tony Flow MMMM

Tony Flow MMMM Supporting Member

Apple products, mainly MacBooks, also on a side note I dropped my iPhone 5 on my motorcycle 80mph (fell out pocket) when I picked it up screen had one crack. No apple care I went to apple today, after being told it would be 239$ they have it to me free. This is the second time apple has given me a free phone for my cracked one!

16. Eric Perry

Eric Perry

Good hand tools, i.e. Snap-On (and Blue-Point) or Mac. They are worth it. I wish I had the funds to scrap my crappy Craftsman stuff for all Snap-On. There's no comparison between say my 1/2 Snap-On ratchet and my Craftsman one. The divide is even more profound with screwdrivers, IMO.

17. UncleFluffy

UncleFluffy Gold Supporting Member

Disclosures:
    Head Tinkerer, The Flufflab
    Ribeye steak that has never seen saran wrap or a styrofoam tray.

Mrs F's engagement ring.

Good beer.

Going to see my parents.

18. bluesblaster

bluesblaster

Beer and sensible shoes

19. Tense Zombie

Tense Zombie

This is the funniest string I've seen on here, but I agree with most of it...

My vote: good coffee, Coleman's mustard.

20. Turock

Turock Supporting Member

A good aphrodisiac.

21. steamthief

steamthief

Allen Edmonds dress shoes.