Thinking of changing Xotic BB for a RC but.....

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by loopee, Oct 14, 2013.

1. loopee

loopee Gold Supporting Member

Been looking at other boost/distortion pedals and was wondering if anyone had tried these.

I'm looking for a PHAT and warmer sound but not truly distortion but just a bit of overdrive and boost capabilities in front of other OD's.....

These are some of the pedals I've been checking out online:

1. Jetter Helium Overdrive
    2. Earthquaker Device Tone Job
    3. Pigtronix Class A Boost
    4. Toadworks Meat Jr.
    5. Effector 13 Artifact 25
    6. W&C Phat Phuk B

I'd be using this in front of a VMT and possibly BDDI into a LMII or a GK MBFusion 500

Would anyone have any thoughts on some of these pedals? Thanks for your help in deciding which I should possibly buy.....
    LP
  2. Anarchyok

Anarchyok

I use the Phat Phuk for that exact purpose - slight bass boost and touch of grit. I've got it dialed back internally slightly from factory as my active Warwicks were too gritty. I've recently put it after my vmt ( and Tall Font Russian) and prefer it after my other dirt. Instead of slamming the dirt harder, it now gives the dirt a nice boost in volume and tone.
  3. loopee

loopee Gold Supporting Member

thanks, yes the Phat Phuk seems to be a good one for what I need.....a bit of boost for my OD, or after as you mention.....but mostly to fatten and warm up the sound.
  4. mouthmw

mouthmw Supporting Member

Wow, that's exactly the combination of pedals I'm using. My Phatty is after both my VMT and Tall Font Russian. I never turn it off.
  5. Register to disable this ad
  6. johnk_10

johnk_10 vintage bass nut Supporting Member

Disclosures:
    John K Custom Basses
    I prefer the RC way more than the BB.
  7. PhatRon

PhatRon supporting member Supporting Member

RC adds a nice "high resolution" to your sound. It's subtle but you'll notice it more when it's off. If you push the gain hard it will give some grit. I have one I'm thinking of selling, pm me. And I'm close to you if you're in Surrey.