1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TalkBass iphone/android app is NOT WORKING currently. We're working on it. Tapatalk IS working, so if you need to use an app, use Tapatalk. Try using your browser though - TalkBass is now 100% responsive to your phone/tablet screen size ;)

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

This is a new/mint bass, right?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Myrriad, Dec 26, 2012.

1. Myrriad

Myrriad

2. mjac28

mjac28 50th Anniversary Ed Sullivan February 9, 1964 Gold Supporting Member

It means there was some imperfection it could be the finish didn't go one correctly? usually it's something so minor you would never notice it I would check with them to see what the deal is? and if it has any type of warranty or if it is eligible for return.
  3. Myrriad

Myrriad

Looking through the pictures I see a small scratch...and the body has a several inch crack. No thanks, I'll go up $100 to get new.
  4. Bob C

Bob C

Yeah, but you said the regular price is 200-250 more. Not $100. Is the crack structural or only cosmetic?

It's up to you, of course. But B stock, returns, demos, New Old Stock, etc are all common sale models which can often be a good deal.
  5. jlepre

jlepre Supporting Member

All I saw was a scratch. Looks like a good deal to me.
  6. Miskatonic

Miskatonic

The last picture states that it's a scratch. It looks like it's only the finish to. If you want a good deal on good bass I'd go for it.
  7. dmusic148

dmusic148

Ditto. What crack? Somebody smoking some? :D
  8. TolerancEJ

TolerancEJ

I bought a B-Stock Kala U-Bass SUB Solidbody from an eBay vendor. Although they clearly stated it was a b-stock and they specifically noted where I was supposed to see a problem, I personally could find no trace of an imperfection.
  9. Nev375

Nev375

its going to get scratched eventually anyway.

Just consider it starter relicing. Or free mojo!
  10. smcd

smcd Supporting Member

+1

There's no crack in that bass. Though I'd like to crack the head of the guy who put those crazy, irritating watermarks all over those photographs.
  11. troy mcclure

troy mcclure

That is so small who would notice...great deal on a nice color.
  12. Myrriad

Myrriad

13. Myrriad

Myrriad

14. dmusic148

dmusic148

Ah, I see. No idea what that is. But I can't imagine how a body would crack like that. Weird.
  15. Myrriad

Myrriad

Yeah. Has me kinda worried. I'm getting this bass, but it's out of stock for a month/$200 more, so I've been trying to shop used.
  16. hdracer

hdracer Supporting Member

one or two is okay but jeez, that will give you a headache fast.