1. Welcome to TalkBass, the Premier Bass Player Community and Information Source. We've been uniting the Low End Since 1998!

We're glad you've found us. Register a 100% Free Account to post and unlock tons of features.

This kid deserves the electric chair

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by bmc, Dec 11, 2013.

1. bmc

bmc

2. Dmwphoto

Dmwphoto what does this light/\ do? Supporting Member

Jeez glad I didn't get caught

3. i_got_a_mohawk

i_got_a_mohawk

Ugh, poor dude, suspended twice over one girl!

4. T-Bird

T-Bird

Hi.

I would've probably been castrated and thrown into a bottomless pit...or worse, if one smooch on the hand earned that 6 year old a sexual harasser badge.

Regards
    Sam

5. Register to disable this ad
  6. BassCliff

BassCliff

7. Manichga

Manichga Supporting Member

What sort of principal would make an absurd decision like that? What an idiot.

8. T-Bird

T-Bird

Hi.

Without venturing into non-tolerated areas of discussion on TB, let's just say a group of people put him/her there.

"Do not blame the hammer, blame the hand that swings it"

Regards
    Sam

9. kohntarkosz

kohntarkosz Banned

A hysterical reacion on the part of the principal. The 'victim' was perfectly fine about it. How long will this kid have a black mark against his name?

10. One Drop

One Drop Supporting Member

How this can be spun into a political thread (implied, as if that makes it less idiotic) is as dumb as the decision made by the idiot principal.

What colossal stupidity, especially when you consider that this person is in charge if the future of so many kids.

11. mellowinman

mellowinman Guaranteed to break the Ice at Naughty Parties Supporting Member

Except you kind of did.

12. 1958Bassman

1958Bassman

So, what would happen if they were caught "playing Doctor" in a closet?

In the past, people would have said "Isn't that cute!" and now, they recoil in horror. Pretty soon, it'll be illegal to date or marry without a contract.

That kid needs to go to a different school, where the teachers and admin have a bit of sense.

13. Root 5

Root 5

In society's desire to become fairer, we've actually lost our compass, our way.

This whole subject and the handling of it, has been moved too far in the other direction.

We all want people to feel safe & secure. But what's happening nowadays is nuts.

14. Mysterion

Mysterion Supporting Member

Did anyone actually read the article at all critically?

Like most of these "kid subjected to intolerable intolerance" articles, there's no comment from the school board, or anyone at the school. Really, it's just a glorified, one-sided blog post based on complaints from a disgruntled parent. It may have merit, and it may not.

The child has been suspended before for behavioral issues--perhaps this incident is part of a larger pattern of disruption.

How many posters would be equally inflamed if the kid stayed in school, and this 'story' was spun differently?

"Precious snowflake tot encouraged making advances on little girl. School board afraid to act for fear of parental backlash. "

Again, the parent may have a legitimate grievance. Or not. One can't really tell from this story--maybe it's best not to form a hard-and-fast opinion?

Man, I miss context.

15. mellowinman

mellowinman Guaranteed to break the Ice at Naughty Parties Supporting Member

So, Ironically, the title of this thread could be, "School Board, Teachers and Principal all Deserve Electric Chair."

16. two fingers

two fingers You tahkin 'uh me? Yeah, you. You tahkin 'uh me? Supporting Member

+4.7 gagillion bazzillion

Beautifully stated. People like that don't put themselves in office/employment. They are either hired or voted in by throngs/committees of PC idiots. There are literally millions of blithering idiot dipsticks in this country. In fact, they are pretty much taking over. Santa Clause is being protested in a mall near here. I'm sure Cupid's head will be on the chopping block soon enough. Forget cancer. Cure stupid.

17. burk48237

burk48237 Supporting Member

The scary thing is not just that these people are stupid, it's that they are "educators". I put that in quotation marks, because looking at America's children's test scores it's debatable how much education actually occurs in the process. We've had kids suspended for making imaginary bow and arrows during recess, chewing pop tarts in the shape of a gun, and shooting nerf guns on their own property. How about ZERO TOLERANCE FOR STUPID EDUCATORS?

If you don't posses the common sense to know the difference between the actions of rambunctious six year old boys (most six year old boys) and a sexual predator you have no business being anywhere NEAR our kids much less educating them. I shudder to think of what an education from this kind of a school system looks like. It can't be good, and it certainly can't equip kids for the real world.:rollno:

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2013/12/10/first-grade-kiss-suspension/3963813/

18. DwaynieAD

DwaynieAD Supporting Member

I try not to lump all educators as stupid (although I see where you are coming from) I know plenty with dreams of helping kids and shaping minds. very smart individuals. then they finally get that elusive full time teaching job, and the school board beats those dreams right out of them so, to me at least, it all comes back to the people in charge

although I guess they are referred to as "educators" as well.

19. bkbirge

bkbirge

Disclosures:
    Endorsing Artist: Steak n Shake
    Day by day it's getting harder to tell satire from reality. What a bizarre story.

20. bluesblaster

bluesblaster

Just because you went to college and got a fancy piece of paper that says your educated doesnt make you smart. The unfortunate thing is that most of these so called educaters live in fear of lawsuits, dont think it through just CYA, the result being this poor kid will be stigmatized as a social deviate by the "system" yeah, nice going mr. principal. I have worked in the public school system and I can say from my observations that the administrators are freakin nuts, over paid and very out of touch.

21. burk48237

burk48237 Supporting Member

I suspect this stupidity is more common among administration than teachers themselves. Although I would question the whole quality of teacher education in this country. I perceive it's a lot more doctrinarian than actual experience. And unfortunately we have many graduates from "education school" who have little common sense, and even less real world experience in private enterprise or imparting knowledge from experience.

I have a feeling if more teachers spent a year working in their fields of expertise in the private sector instead of in "education school" before they taught, our kids would benefit greatly. The old line that those who can do, and those who can't teach seems to be manifesting itself more every day. I can't imagine that these administrators in question ever had any six year olds of their own to take care of. And in this case their Nannies and Child Care professionals know a lot more about education than they do.

We have to understand that if what happened here is allowed to stand it will be a tragedy. This six-year old has been branded a "sex offender" on his permanent record.:eyebrow: