1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TalkBass iphone/android app is NOT WORKING currently. We're working on it. Tapatalk IS working, so if you need to use an app, use Tapatalk. Try using your browser though - TalkBass is now 100% responsive to your phone/tablet screen size ;)

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

This worth upgrading?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by gustobassman, Jan 13, 2013.

1. gustobassman

gustobassman I'm only here for the Afterparty Supporting Member

I've been checking this out in my local CL. IIRC the Squier Pro Tone series 5's are the bees knees, but what about this one? Worth upgrading or even checking out?

http://sandiego.craigslist.org/csd/msg/3518814734.html

I just sent the guy an email, i think i'm gonna give a look anyway.
  2. gustobassman

I'm on my way to check it out. I scanned through the Squier 5 String P club thread and saw some really cool mods. There may be a NBD today!
  3. Tmw2011

Tmw2011

I was just looking at one of these on GC's site in the used stuff last night. With a hardcase, as long as there's no major issues (neck), $120 is a darn good price.. GL!
  4. gustobassman

So i bought it! It's obviously gonna need new tuners and pickups, i'm on the fence about the bridge. It seems pretty solid. I haven't tweaked the truss rod yet, but the neck seems pretty straight. A new jack may be in order too.

It still had plastic on the pickguard!! This bass is virtually unplayed. I'd say by my knowledge of Fender serial #'s this one is an '09 and built in indonesia.

Pics soon!!
  5. JacobWhaler

JacobWhaler

Congrats on the new bass. That was a good deal!

[​IMG]
  6. gustobassman

And pics!!

I'm thinking about going for tort pickguard for sure! I'm going to swing a PJ setup on this, as i already have a Jazz. I may do the block decals too, just to make it spiffy.
  7. boombiscuits

boombiscuits

You will definitely need to replace the pups. They are actually only four string pups. I got one of these last year and added quarter pounders. It took a little routing work on the pickup pocket and the pick guard to make them fit though. I love the bass now.