1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TB Android app is working, you may need to uninstall/reinstall. The iPhone app is now updated and should work after you upgrade. TalkBass is responsive to any screen size, so we recommend using your mobile browser for full functionality.

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

Thompson Bass?

Discussion in 'Basses [DB]' started by neddyrow, Dec 30, 2012.

1. neddyrow

neddyrow

I stumbled on the string emporium website the other day and they have Thompson basses for sale. They seemed well priced and I thought the blonde one would look sharp on stage as a show bass. I did a search and couldn't find any reviews on them. I am hoping thats not a bad sign. Anyone out there try them or have one? Looking for a cool looking blonde bass for spring/summer shows in my bluegrass band.
  2. Eric Hochberg

Eric Hochberg

Search the basses forum for Thompson. Lots of stuff comes up. I'm 99.9% sure that the string emporium does not sell anything but good quality.
  3. neddyrow

neddyrow

I'll do that. Thanks. Stupid iPhone app only came up with BG stuff. I'll have to try on my laptop.
  4. MIKMAN

MIKMAN Supporting Member

Good instruments of Chinese origins, constructed from well aged tonewoods. String Emporium stands behind their basses for years to come. I tried a laminate and a hybrid and both were decent, well made basses. Their appearance reminds me the Shen double basses, another safe choice. Feel free to contact Steve in String Emporium, he's a man to do business with.
    Mike
  5. kreider204

kreider204 Supporting Member

I play a Thompson. It's the best student model bass I've ever played, and I've played quite a few. Feel free to PM me if you want to ask me about it.