Thompson Bass?

Discussion in 'Basses [DB]' started by neddyrow, Dec 30, 2012.

1. neddyrow

neddyrow

I stumbled on the string emporium website the other day and they have Thompson basses for sale. They seemed well priced and I thought the blonde one would look sharp on stage as a show bass. I did a search and couldn't find any reviews on them. I am hoping thats not a bad sign. Anyone out there try them or have one? Looking for a cool looking blonde bass for spring/summer shows in my bluegrass band.

2. Eric Hochberg

Eric Hochberg

Search the basses forum for Thompson. Lots of stuff comes up. I'm 99.9% sure that the string emporium does not sell anything but good quality.

3. neddyrow

neddyrow

I'll do that. Thanks. Stupid iPhone app only came up with BG stuff. I'll have to try on my laptop.

4. MIKMAN

MIKMAN

Good instruments of Chinese origins, constructed from well aged tonewoods. String Emporium stands behind their basses for years to come. I tried a laminate and a hybrid and both were decent, well made basses. Their appearance reminds me the Shen double basses, another safe choice. Feel free to contact Steve in String Emporium, he's a man to do business with.
    Mike

5. Register to disable this ad
  6. kreider204

kreider204

I play a Thompson. It's the best student model bass I've ever played, and I've played quite a few. Feel free to PM me if you want to ask me about it.