1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TB Android app is working, you may need to uninstall/reinstall. The iPhone app is now updated and should work after you upgrade. TalkBass is responsive to any screen size, so we recommend using your mobile browser for full functionality.

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

Thoughts on this Bag End cabinet?

Discussion in 'Amps [BG]' started by thejumpcat, Mar 22, 2013.

1. thejumpcat

thejumpcat thejumpcat Supporting Member

There's a Bag End 2x12 for sale in the TB classfieds. I don't know jack about specs, but I found these on Bag End's website.

Sensitivity (in dBspl) -- 1 Watt/1 Meter 103
    Frequency Response -- 50-5kHz

How are these numbers? I'd be using this with an older GK400RB head.

Currently using an LDS 1x15, which is 8 ohms and weights around 45 pounds.

I had a Bag End 1x15 when I first started years ago, and I really dug it. I realize this is a beast at 77 pounds, and I THINK I'm willing to deal with that.

Play a P and upright in a jump blues band, if that influences anyone's opinions on what this rig would sound like.

Thanks!
  2. mjac28

mjac28 50th Anniversary Ed Sullivan February 9, 1964 Gold Supporting Member

77 lbs you must have a young strong back sir.
  3. thejumpcat

thejumpcat thejumpcat Supporting Member

Nay, I don't. That is the major drawback. I always debate -- how important is the weight. I keep my cabinet in my car, so it's the move from the vehicle to the stage. For most of the clubs I play, it's not too big of a deal. For some, with stairs, it's a pain. I don't gig a lot -- 4 times a month max. I just have to decide if the sound is worth the weight.
  4. Fretless55

Fretless55

Actually jumpcat, I'd be interested in hearing your experience with the Bag End 15 powered with a GK 400RB. I have the same set up (older 400RB and a s15d) p bass with flats, and an upright with K&K Rockabilly pickup. Can't put any boost into it without it "farting out". Wonder if you had better luck.

Thanks