1. Welcome to TalkBass, the Premier Bass Player Community and Information Source. We've been uniting the Low End Since 1998!

We're glad you've found us. Register a 100% Free Account to post and unlock tons of features.

Thread Deletion - Difficult?

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Ginsly, Feb 9, 2014.

1. Ginsly

Ginsly

I started a thread a couple years ago giving people a heads up about a local pedalmaker i discovered. Shortly after that i received two pedals that were sub- par quality wise and changed my tune in addition to posting gut pics. Well, turns out those were pre-production models that found their way into circulation. Basically practice builds. Now i feel bad and would like to delete the thread. No reason for that stuff to remain on this board in light of what i've learned. I wrote all three Effects moderators, but have heard nothing back. Seems like a pretty simple thing, but I don't know how this type of change is handled here. Any advice?

2. millahh

millahh Supporting Member

Could you add an update to your original post in that thread, explaining what you learned?

3. Ginsly

Ginsly

I could, but i'd rather just delete the whole thing. It's kind of embarrassing for both me and the builder. Deleting it would be the right thing to do. Plus, i'd think Talkbass would want to delete it to protect themselves too.

4. Ginsly

Ginsly

I'd love it if a mod could chime in about this. Thank you.

5. Register to disable this ad
  6. FilterFunk

FilterFunk

You should probably PM a mod about this.

7. Ginsly

Ginsly

Thanks guys. I've PMd the mods a couple times, but haven't received a response yet. I realize they have lives, so hopefully i'll hear back eventually. It just seems silly that this would be an issue, so i assume they just haven't gotten to it yet. I tbink you can only delete and edit in the classifieds, which is a bit confounding...

8. Denver Max

Denver Max

I don't think the company is around anymore. I don't think you're doing any damage to anyone if it doesn't end up deleted.

9. Ginsly

Ginsly

I think they periodically make pedals still, not sure. I would just feel better having it deleted. I don't see why this would be an issue.

10. Adamixoye

Adamixoye A PT Pro is cool for worship, right? Supporting Member

It would be easy enough if you could just get a mod's attention, but an edit of the original post would be equally easy.

11. Ginsly

Ginsly

Agreed - it doesn't look like I can edit the posts, though.

12. Adamixoye

Adamixoye A PT Pro is cool for worship, right? Supporting Member

Then I would just add a post at the end of the thread explaining the situation. I realize you don't want to bump the thread or draw attention to the issues, but if it's a big enough concern for you to want it deleted it's probably your next next option.

13. Ginsly

Ginsly

Yep, i'll have to do that if the mods don't get back to me. I sincerely hope this has nothing to do with me not being a full member of Talkbass. I rarely, rarely post or visit and can't afford it right now. I'm sure that's not the case, of course...