1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TB Android app is working, you may need to uninstall/reinstall. The iPhone app is now updated and should work after you upgrade. TalkBass is responsive to any screen size, so we recommend using your mobile browser for full functionality.

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

Three finger right hand positioning?

Discussion in 'Technique [BG]' started by AzzaTheBassist, Jan 1, 2013.

1. AzzaTheBassist

AzzaTheBassist

Hey guys,
    I've been working on my 3 finger technique for a good while now, and I'm not sure whether or not I'm doing it correctly.
    For example, when I see bass covers online of people who are using the technique, their three fingers are very clearly seen. However, when I practice in the mirror, the way I have been plucking is by plucking the strings parallel to the bass body. I then decided to try plucking the strings at a sorta 45 degree angle to the bass body, and this looks a lot more like how other people have been doing it. Any advice on what I should do?
  2. Jazz Ad

Jazz Ad Mi la ré sol Gold Supporting Member

It really doesn't matter as long as you are comfortable and do'nt hurt yourself.
  3. AzzaTheBassist

AzzaTheBassist

Fair enough, I guess I'll just stick with what I'm doing then. Thanks :)