1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TB Android app is working, you may need to uninstall/reinstall. The iPhone app is now updated and should work after you upgrade. TalkBass is responsive to any screen size, so we recommend using your mobile browser for full functionality.

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

Thumb 5 bolt on for a grand?

Discussion in 'Warwick Basses' started by dolomick, Mar 21, 2013.

1. dolomick

dolomick Supporting Member

Never quite loved my streamer pro-m so thinking of switching models, and I have an opportunity to buy a German made thumb 5 string bolt on, 8 years old mint condition for a grand... seems like a good deal but wondering if anyone else knows used prices for these?

Thanks...
  2. Epitaph04

Epitaph04 Supporting Member

If its 1000 dollars flat, and it has no real issues, buy it. Immediately.
  3. RedMoses

RedMoses Supporting Member

Sounds about right, go for it!
  4. dolomick

dolomick Supporting Member

Great thanks. Hopefully it is as good as the pictures and advert say it is!
  5. joebar

joebar Supporting Member

yes that is a good deal and thumbs are great basses-especially the one you are considering
  6. WarwickOfficial

WarwickOfficial

Disclosures:
    Warwick & Framus Social Media
    Hi Dolomick,

Sounds like you found yourself a great deal--the tone of a Bolt-on Thumb is something to be reckoned with!

Just so you know, if you can obtain the serial number from the seller, you may find out more information about that specific bass on the Warwick webpage: http://www.warwick.de/modules/support/serials.php?katID=22701&cl=EN

Do let us know if you end up acquiring that bass... I think we'd all love to see photos!
  7. joebar

joebar Supporting Member

IMO-the BO thumb 5 is the classic thumb aesthetically, sonically and easy to resell if you chose.
  8. d00dr

d00dr Supporting Member

I've owned my Thumb 5 BO for 12 years now. Its been my main workhorse. Do it. You'll be extremely happy that you did.
  9. Means2nEnd

Means2nEnd Supporting Member

Depends on the condition and more than anything if you like the tone, feel, and the neck. After 2002 so the neck profile will be less chunky which is good. Turn the truss rod if you can make sure it moves freely and never do with full tension on neck.

No bass is a deal if you don't like it...
  10. sippi

sippi

Typically see prices around the 1200-1500 for the BO. I paid similar to what you are looking at as I held out for the right deal.
  11. dave2

dave2

I think that if this Thumb bass is in very good condition that $1k is a great deal for a bass of that quality. Is it a 4 string or 5? What year is it? Does it have the Warwick hard shell case and the User Kit?

I bought my nearly new year 2000 Thumb BO 5 string including the case in 2005 for $950. Looking back - that was a total steal :) I love both my Thumb NT and BO basses!

Dave