1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. We are currently evaluating the "One Post Per Classified Ad" policy. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TalkBass iphone/android app is NOT WORKING currently. We're working on it. Tapatalk IS working, so if you need to use an app, use Tapatalk. Try using your browser though - TalkBass is now 100% responsive to your phone/tablet screen size ;)

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

Thumb bass 6-string bridge

Discussion in 'Warwick Basses' started by wemedge, Jul 17, 2013.

1. wemedge

wemedge

Sorry I don't have a pic at the moment, but has anyone experienced warping on their Thumb bass 6-string bridge?

I'm looking at mine now (removed from the bass), and the bottom of the bridge is not flat; it's concave i.e., the middle of the bridge is lower than either the bass or treble end and it rocks on a flat surface.

Time to get a new bridge?

By the way, has anyone dealt with Korg Canada (our current Warwick dealer?)- I'm waiting to hear back from them about getting a new bridge.

Thanks,
    wemedge
  2. wemedge

wemedge

Can anyone tell me whether their Warwick 6-string bridge sits flat with regards to the bottom surface? Thanks! Just want to make sure mine is off before I put in an order for a new one. Many thanks again.
  3. joebar

joebar Supporting Member

that is strange-that wouldn't be an issue unless you slammed it right down to the base plate.
    I have had 5 warwicks and I find that quite often the G string side of the bridge needs to touch down for correct action.
    hope you are liking the bass :)
    when I order parts I call the warwick custom shop in new York-ask for dan
  4. wemedge

wemedge

Thanks much! Yes, I like the bass. I defretted it, and am pleased with that. Used binding material from Stew-Mac to fill in the slots.

I don't mind getting a new bridge at all, parts wear out or go bad some time or another.

Just wanted to check first. Yeah, the bridge is convex. I'm looking at it now. If I can, will order Warwick's new brass bridge and see what it's like.
  5. joebar

joebar Supporting Member

aah-that explains why you need it lower.
    I bet it makes a great fretless
  6. wemedge

wemedge

It sure does have a great fretless sound with the DR rounds.:bassist:
  7. joebar

joebar Supporting Member

pics please
  8. wemedge

wemedge

Will do, after I the new bridge gets here. Opted for the cast bridge; the brass one costs too much for me.
  9. NLBassist

NLBassist

What was the price difference between the two?
  10. wemedge

wemedge

About $300.
  11. WarwickOfficial

WarwickOfficial

Disclosures:
    Warwick & Framus Social Media
    Wemedge,

Definitely let us know when you can post a pic, so we can further assist you :)

If you haven't already, call our shop in NYC at (212) 777-6990

Thanks everyone else for your accurate assessments!

Best,

Mike
    Wawick USA