Thumb Bo

Discussion in 'Warwick Basses' started by lowdown3, Jan 11, 2013.

1. lowdown3

lowdown3 Supporting Member

Is a Thmb BO and a Thumb BOLT the same or two different basses?
  2. mattiastomas

mattiastomas Supporting Member

The BO stands for Bolt On. So yeah, it'll be the same
  3. TolerancEJ

TolerancEJ

Correct. BO is just the abbreviation for Bolt-On
  4. socialleper

socialleper

BO=Bolt On
    NT=Neck Through (body)

For my two cents I also think the bodies are a smidgen different around where the neck meets the body. To me the NT looks wider and horns on the cutaway seem bigger/longer.
  5. Register to disable this ad
  6. WarwickOfficial

WarwickOfficial

Disclosures:
    Warwick & Framus Social Media
    The posters above are correct - BO is Bolt On, NT is Neck Through. There are slight differences in the body shapes, as well - as socialleper pointed out. Please let me know if you've got any questions or need assistance in any way. Thanks!
  7. socialleper

socialleper

HA! So I'm not crazy (or at least not wrong in this case.) They looked different in the pictures but I couldn't be sure. I thought it was an angle thing.
    The NT looks like a more complete shape, where the BO looks stunted or something; under-developed.
  8. Guygrooves

Guygrooves Supporting Member

I owned a Thumb B.O. and Ill tell you what-The tone wasnt stunted or underdeveloped! The thing was right and tight..Crisp Punchy articulate-I want another cuz I miss it...Still have my old Corvette and a bunch of Fenders but what a definitive tone those Thumbs have-and lighter than my passive 'vette..WARWICK!
  9. dave2

dave2 Gold Supporting Member

I love both my '00 Thumb BO 5 and my '97 Thumb NT 5! What great tone I get from both.
  10. TolerancEJ

TolerancEJ

Absolutely nothing wrong with a Bolt-On. BO's have a great punch and growl. My Thumb BO 6 is my go-to bass. Anytime I meet musicians, I receive many compliments on the sound. I decided that my Thumb will always be my introductory bass if/when I meet musicians for the first time.