1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please make yourself at home! I've deleted the previous "migration" threads, please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum.

The TalkBass iphone/android app is NOT WORKING currently. We're working on it. Tapatalk IS working, so if you need to use an app, use Tapatalk. Try using your browser though - TalkBass is now 100% responsive to your phone/tablet screen size ;)

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

Thunderbird pickups... any good replacement?

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by Delapaz, Dec 26, 2013.

1. Delapaz

Delapaz

Disclosures:
    Frontman, Bass Player
    is there any good replacement for the Gibson Thunderbird Pickups? just bought my new gibson Flying V ltd run for xmass, and i was wondering about the pickups, seems they sound good, but some reviews say that they´re a bit "dead" and i was wondering about how to get it to sound more like my old peavey foundation, it has the hottest passive pups ever! i love that one, i´ll be very thankful if someone helps me with this...

Thanks!
  2. LHbassist

LHbassist

3. DavidEdenAria

DavidEdenAria

Curious what year is your Peavey Foundation?

Mine is a 1985....great pickups and a great bass overall....folks seem to REALLY like the pickups in 80's Foundations!

I have a cheap Epi bolt neck T-Bird, but love the thing...warmer than my Peavey Foundation with the solid Maple neck but could use a bit more clarity and output.