1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TalkBass iphone/android app is NOT WORKING currently. We're working on it. Tapatalk IS working, so if you need to use an app, use Tapatalk. Try using your browser though - TalkBass is now 100% responsive to your phone/tablet screen size ;)

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

Thunderbird Pro-IV

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by leondisaster, Nov 5, 2012.

1. leondisaster

leondisaster

My T-Bird has active pickups and just yesterday, as I hooked it up to my amp, I noticed it wasn't sending a signal. I tried other amps, changed the battery, and tried different cables, but no luck with figuring out the issue.(I've never attempted any repairs or mods). Can someone please help me out?:bawl:
  2. Bobster

Bobster

Hi leondisaster,

The T-Bird Pro-IV actually has passive humbucking pickups and a preamp. That may be whats throwing some folks off.

When did this start happening and were there any "events" prior to that, or did it just not work one day when you turned it on?

Have you opened the rear panel on the bass? If so, did you see any loose wires inside?

Since you've tried multiple cables, and amps, plus replacing the battery, that seems the most logical choice.

Do you have any other instruments you can try with the amps to verify they are working normally with them?

If you can take pictures of the electronics in the rear panel, that will help as well.

Bob