1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please make yourself at home! I've deleted the previous "migration" threads, please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum.

The TalkBass iphone/android app is NOT WORKING currently. We're working on it. Tapatalk IS working, so if you need to use an app, use Tapatalk. Try using your browser though - TalkBass is now 100% responsive to your phone/tablet screen size ;)

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

Thunderbuckers or Nordstrand Dual Coils (probably really stupid)

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by StephenDaRacket, Feb 17, 2014.

1. StephenDaRacket

StephenDaRacket

So a very good friend of mine is a luthier with some very promising talent and has offered to build me a bass for a very low cost and I'm trying to decide what pickups I want to put in this thing. I know I like humbuckers (preferably with coil tapping properties) in the middle and bridge positions.
    I'm looking for pickups with some big bottom end and clear articulate mids and highs. I play very veried genres but mostly finger and slap styles. I've had a hard time finding decent sound samples anywhere online. I'm mostly wondering how these are going to compare, even though I know they are in very different categories and are both supposedly phenomenal.
    I would also consider Rio Grande's Pitbull or Powerbucker if anyone had sound samples or reviews for them. It seems that everywhere I look people want more info on all of these pickups. My main bass right now is fender blacktop precision that I added could tapping to. I also have a jazz and an ESP Viper 414 that I play less frequently.
    Any knowledge you can pass on about these pickups is hugely appreciated!

JLF Guitars: https://m.facebook.com/profile.php?id=424782744261036