1. Classifieds Rules, Usage Agreement, and FAQ

A Supporting membership is required to post items for sale in the classifieds

New posts to classifieds threads will only bump the thread once every 24 hours. Posts made before 24 hours since the last bump, will not bump the thread.

Thunderfunk 550

Discussion in 'For Sale: Amps, Preamps, and Cabinets' started by c-ba55, Aug 22, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. c-ba55

c-ba55

Stock Thunderfunk 550 (no 'switch' or gold chip) in lovely shape. $775 shipped to continental USA. You pay shipping to any other region.

I think everyone here knows all about this amp, so no need to go into details. 500 watts, 17 lb, 2 rack-spaces. A sound beloved by many (including myself) with a tremendously usable EQ. Really high quality product that delivers great results.

I've long been a champion of this amp, and I actually continue to mostly prefer its sound to the amp I'm keeping.

No trades.

I have a [DEL]couple[/DEL] 2-U rack bag[DEL]s[/DEL] for it, and could include [DEL]either [/DEL]with the sale if you want. [DEL]Both are [/DEL]plywood with some kind of ballistic nylon covering, and [DEL]have [/DEL]a big pocket, handles, and a shoulder strap.
    Gator Studio2Go: $70. In addition to 2U rack, has a shelf with a cord-passthrough hole in it (for laptop, nominally).
    [DEL]Kaces 2-space rack case: $40.[/DEL]
  2. c-ba55

c-ba55

And some pictures, what the heck. P.S. Here are my secret EQ settings.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
  3. Dee-man

Dee-man Supporting Member

Free bump for a fellow Bay Area TBer.

Out of curiosity, how old is the amp? Are you original owner?

Good luck, DM
  4. c-ba55

c-ba55

It's serial 543, so right in the middle of the 550A series (serials 500-599). So I don't know, 2006 or so? I got it used from SactoBass here on TB.
  5. Register to disable this ad
  6. rok51

rok51 Supporting Member

That's my old 550...I was the original owner...great amp!

Kim
  7. c-ba55

c-ba55

I forgot to mention, I do have the rubber feet and the handle, for un-racked use.
    Make me an offer. Open to partial trades of more or less anything.
  8. c-ba55

c-ba55

I guess TF has fallen from favor a little with the rise of the micros. It's not a micro, but it is 15 lbs, so...come on!
    In terms of sound, I would compare the slightly dark & present voicing to the TC Electronics RH450, but the quality of sound to the older TecAmp Pumas. There's a creaminess, solidity, and dimensionality to it. If you dig that sound, Pumas come up for resale like twice a year or something - so unless you are superhumanly patient, buy this now.
  9. c-ba55

c-ba55

Seems I can't edit the original post, but I would accept $725.
  10. c-ba55

c-ba55

Sold @ $750 + shipping on ebay.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.