SOLD Thunderfunk 550

Discussion in 'For Sale: Amps, Preamps, and Cabinets' started by c-ba55, Aug 22, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. c-ba55

c-ba55

Stock Thunderfunk 550 (no 'switch' or gold chip) in lovely shape. $775 shipped to continental USA. You pay shipping to any other region.

I think everyone here knows all about this amp, so no need to go into details. 500 watts, 17 lb, 2 rack-spaces. A sound beloved by many (including myself) with a tremendously usable EQ. Really high quality product that delivers great results.

I've long been a champion of this amp, and I actually continue to mostly prefer its sound to the amp I'm keeping.

No trades.

I have a [DEL]couple[/DEL] 2-U rack bag[DEL]s[/DEL] for it, and could include [DEL]either [/DEL]with the sale if you want. [DEL]Both are [/DEL]plywood with some kind of ballistic nylon covering, and [DEL]have [/DEL]a big pocket, handles, and a shoulder strap.
    Gator Studio2Go: $70. In addition to 2U rack, has a shelf with a cord-passthrough hole in it (for laptop, nominally).
    [DEL]Kaces 2-space rack case: $40.[/DEL]

2. c-ba55

c-ba55

And some pictures, what the heck. P.S. Here are my secret EQ settings.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

3. Dee-man

Dee-man Supporting Member

Free bump for a fellow Bay Area TBer.

Out of curiosity, how old is the amp? Are you original owner?

Good luck, DM

4. c-ba55

c-ba55

It's serial 543, so right in the middle of the 550A series (serials 500-599). So I don't know, 2006 or so? I got it used from SactoBass here on TB.

5. Register to disable this ad
  6. rok51

rok51 Supporting Member

That's my old 550...I was the original owner...great amp!

Kim

7. c-ba55

c-ba55

I forgot to mention, I do have the rubber feet and the handle, for un-racked use.
    Make me an offer. Open to partial trades of more or less anything.

8. c-ba55

c-ba55

I guess TF has fallen from favor a little with the rise of the micros. It's not a micro, but it is 15 lbs, so...come on!
    In terms of sound, I would compare the slightly dark & present voicing to the TC Electronics RH450, but the quality of sound to the older TecAmp Pumas. There's a creaminess, solidity, and dimensionality to it. If you dig that sound, Pumas come up for resale like twice a year or something - so unless you are superhumanly patient, buy this now.

9. c-ba55

c-ba55

Seems I can't edit the original post, but I would accept $725.

10. c-ba55

c-ba55

Sold @ $750 + shipping on ebay.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.