1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TB Android app is working, you may need to uninstall/reinstall. The iPhone app is now updated and should work after you upgrade. TalkBass is responsive to any screen size, so we recommend using your mobile browser for full functionality.

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

TI flats on a jazz bass DEMO

Discussion in 'Strings [BG]' started by fmbarros, Jan 29, 2014.

1. fmbarros

fmbarros

Hi people,

I know there's A LOT of discussion on TI flats on the forum, but don't criticise me for opening another thread on them until you've read it all. As someone who has really read quite a bit on the subject on TB and other sites, I have noticed too that these strings tend to divide opinions very sharply.

I am convinced that TI flats sound great on a P bass --at least for my tastes--, but I own a J and, as these strings are kind of expensive, I'd like to know if someone who uses them on a jazz bass could please post a sound clip for us to get an idea of how they would sound on it.

Thank you!
  2. Mojo-Man

Mojo-Man Supporting Member

:cool:

I have TI-Flats on both a P-Bass and Jazz Bass.

They sounds wonderful on a P-Bass. There are enough people
    here who will sing there praise.

But to me there just as good on a Jazz. My main Jazz has had the same set of TI-Flats since 2010.
  3. fmbarros

fmbarros

Yeah, I am pretty confident they'll sound great on the jazz, but, in case it wouldn't be a big hassle for you, do you think you could record a quick demo of this J strung with TI flats for me to hear?

I'll be very thankful!
  4. cv115505

cv115505 Supporting Member

I duno I've tried both TIs and Sadowsky-s on both Jazz and Precision... For me, the Sadowsky flats come out on top... they are made by Labella, but to Roger's specs and they sound and play amazing... I use lights on my Jazz and Mediums on the Precision
  5. Kmrumedy

Kmrumedy

6. OzzyGreg

OzzyGreg Supporting Member

+1 for TI's on a Jazz.

I tried them on my P-bass and didn't like the amount of pick noise they produced when I plucked the strings.
    The pick noise is nowhere near as pronounced with TI's on my Jazz, that's why they have stayed there.

No sound clip, sorry.
  7. Jim Nazium

Jim Nazium Supporting Member

There are a couple of demo videos on my reverb nation site (Ms Jones, Corcovado, Another Ewe) where I'm playing a Mike lull jazz bass with TI flats. As far as I'm concerned, that combination is tone nirvana, at least for some styles of music.

http://www.reverbnation.com/#!/davewhitaker
  8. fmbarros

fmbarros

Hey, people, thank you for the links and suggestions! I've made up my mind: I'll save for the TI flats... \o/