1. Welcome to TalkBass, the Premier Bass Player Community and Information Source. We've been uniting the Low End Since 1998!

We're glad you've found us. Register a 100% Free Account to post and unlock tons of features.

TightRope Solder-Free Pedal Board Kit™ by Lava

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by WaldoNova, Mar 18, 2014.

1. WaldoNova

WaldoNova Having fun yet? Supporting Member

Anyone using this kit by Lava? Any feedback about reliability and ease of use would be appreciated. Is the quality worth $11.87 per cable(based on getting 30' of cable and 30 right angled plugs)?

I want to tidy up my board and thought this may be the best way to go. Any feedback, pros and cons, encouragement or straight up warnings are appreciated.

Thanks

2. LSMFT6

LSMFT6

I haven't used the Tightropes but I do use the regular Lava solderless and I'm pretty pleased.

3. WaldoNova

I spent a few hours looking/reading through my Talkbass search results without any mention of the tightropes but the general consensus seems to be that the George L's aren't as reliable as the Lava solderless. These seem to be their latest and greatest but most affordable.

I'll probably give this thread a couple more days before I pull the trigger. I'm hesitant since I don't generally buy into all the self proclaimed hype but their track record as a company seems to be pretty solid.

Anyone have any experience with these?

4. LSMFT6

LSMFT6

I'm pretty sure these just came out this year, so there won't be a whole lot of people who've tried them yet (unless I'm wrong about the release.)

5. Register to disable this ad
  6. mmbongo

mmbongo Chicken Pot Pie. My three favorite things!! Supporting Member

Looks like quite a bit more work that George L's. I was astonished how easy the George L's were to make. You can literally have a custom cable made in less than 30 seconds.

7. nshuman

nshuman Supporting Member

Media:
    Albums:
    I have two Lava Tightrope kits and 4 normal Lava kits. The tightropes are super easy to make, easier to make than the normal Lava ones, but I find them much easier to screw up. I like the price on them, but I think i like the normal Lava solderless kits better.

The plugs on the tightropes are insanely small though.

8. Smallequestrian

Smallequestrian Rock and/or Roll Supporting Member

Disclosures:
    Beta Tester: Source Audio
    Did not like the titeropes, found I had way more issues with bad cables than I did with George L's.

9. nshuman

Media:
    Albums:
    Completely agree. I definitely see myself replacing the tightropes with normal Lavas in the future.

10. WaldoNova

I'm probably better off getting their other line with right angles. Thanks for the feedback. I appreciate it.

11. nshuman

Media:
    Albums:
    Ok, well, I know I said I did not like these cables before. Now, I think I despise them. I have yet again had like 2 failures. All it took was to put my PT-Pro in it's soft case, put it in the car, take it out at my parents' house, load it back up, take it out at my place, and, bam, failure city. I am ordering some standard lava sets and sticking with those. My standard Lava solder less kits are great, these are just ridiculously bad.