1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TB Android app is working, you may need to uninstall/reinstall. The iPhone app is now updated and should work after you upgrade. TalkBass is responsive to any screen size, so we recommend using your mobile browser for full functionality.

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

Time After Time Chorus

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by agreatheight, Jan 22, 2013.

1. agreatheight

agreatheight

Can someone here settle an argument I am having with another bassist? I am looking for tabs / notation to the chorus of Time After Time by Cyndi Lauper so I can show him the way I play it is as it is recorded.

Thanks in advance!
  2. Floyd Eye

Floyd Eye

I can ask Bill ( The guy who wrote it) if he would mind emailing me a transcription, though I doubt it will be tabbed.
  3. Stick_Player

Stick_Player

Cyndi Lauper & Rob Hyman wrote this. Hyman is/was in a band called the Hooters.
  4. Floyd Eye

Floyd Eye

They wrote the bass lines? You mean it wasn't her Music Director/bassist William Wittman? lol :rolleyes:
  5. Floyd Eye

Floyd Eye

6. Floyd Eye

Floyd Eye

7. Stick_Player

Stick_Player

I doubt it. It's a synth bass, probably played by Rob Hyman.

google this and you'll find the sheet music: TIME AFTER TIME - davidpolinski.de

What's the specific question? It's a rather simple bass part.
  8. Floyd Eye

Floyd Eye

See above post and links.
  9. Floyd Eye

Floyd Eye

And you are correct. Rob Hyman.
  10. agreatheight

agreatheight

Thanks for the help. The transcription is perfect to settle the dispute (matches how I play it exactly).

Big Hooters fan, too.
  11. wwittman

wwittman

actually, no

the last note of the Am run in bar 2 there (not counting the pickup partial bar) should be a G, not an A

and yes, Rob wrote and played it.
    I programmed the drum machine (before we added Anton over it)

lots of crossed lines of labour there!

also Rob's timeline in that article is a touch misleading.
    The basic Juno "organ" idea was laid down as a ref with the drum machine.
    The we added the real drums and the "real" pad synths went on first (there is also a Memory Moog with the Juno), then the bass synth, and then the B-verse synth 'horns' (on a Prophet V by Peter Wood)
    Then vocals.
    The guitar was a last minute 'extra' idea that didn't really get down until we had moved upstairs to mix.
    It's not on any of the rough mixes.
    we did do a rough pass of a guitar idea that was much busier arpeggios, when we were still in Studio B.
    I click that 3's against 4's arpeggio in under the solo section, and a bit more in the end...