1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TalkBass iphone/android app is NOT WORKING currently. We're working on it. Tapatalk IS working, so if you need to use an app, use Tapatalk. Try using your browser though - TalkBass is now 100% responsive to your phone/tablet screen size ;)

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

Time for a pedalboard.

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Musicman1901, Jan 20, 2013.

1. Musicman1901

Musicman1901 Supporting Member

Hey everybody. My effects setup has become a massive mess of wires, adapters, pedals, and junk lol. It takes me forever to set up and tear down and i'm ready to confine it all to a board where it's always ready to go. I'm trying to decide what size i'll need or if I should build my own. I have been looking at the pedaltrain pro with the soft case for 150$ Does anybody have this pedalboard? I want to know how much space there is underneath to mount powerstrips, my voodoo labs pp2, etc. Also do you think my current setup would comfortably fit on that board. Here is a picture.

Attached Files:

• j.jpg
      j.jpg
      File size:
      478.3 KB
      Views:
  2. fitz420

fitz420 Knows Lows Supporting Member

3. willbassyeah

willbassyeah

Whoa you have lots of nice pedals man
  4. LegoBass

LegoBass

If you want all of that on a board, you would definitely need a PT Pro. Use the pedal board planner as already suggested and really find out how you want things to be setup, or see if you can live without something.

The PT Pro has tons of room underneath for that Voodoo lab PP2+ and even a couple more if need be. I just want to warn you though, the Pro gets super heavy, so heavy that the bag begins to tear. I have put my Pro bag through around 50 gigs/practices and the entire bottom is about to blow out. I need to see if I can buy a hardcase separately.
  5. Cycho

Cycho

That's why I got a Zoom B3! One extra guitar cord and one power cord. I used it for a gig last night and it worked very well. The guitar player in that band got a Zoom G3 and he is now selling his pedal board.
  6. Musicman1901

Fitz420, thanks for that link man that should help me out with everything. Also, legobass thank you very much for telling me about the case. I was turned off to spending 300$ on the pedaltrain pro with the hardcase and i figured for half the cost why not go with the soft case but if its going to rip in the end I probably would have been better off biting the bullet and buying the hardshell haha. Thanks guys
  7. Musicman1901

@willbassyeah, Thank you! I have spent along time collecting them!
  8. willbassyeah

willbassyeah

haha but the zoom b3 can never replace that tonebender alone. I will trade my b3 for that.
  9. Musicman1901

Yeah the tonebender is pretty unique. No fuzz or multi effect pedal is going to sound like it. I actually got it on ebay for only 200$ which really isn't bad compared to what they usually go for
  10. godblender

godblender Supporting Member

I use a PT-Pro, but I bought the Mono case for the board...http://www.monocase.com/mono-pedalboard.asp

With the Pro loaded and in the Mono case it seems to weigh the same as my PT-2 with the hardcase, and I have no worries about the quality/protection of the Mono. If you can find a Pro with softcase used on the cheap, you can upgrade to the Mono. It definitely looks to me like you could use the bigger board space. Good luck!
  11. Musicman1901

How much is the mono case that fits the pedaltrain pro?
  12. pgolliher

pgolliher Supporting Member

Wow! Thanks so much. I was just researching if a pedaltrain mini would fit my pedals. Great resource!
  13. Roscoe East

Roscoe East

Looks likes it's $150 MSRP ...same price as the Pedaltrain PRO!
  14. millahh

millahh Supporting Member

FYI, there's a PT-3 in the classifieds right now (not affiliated).
  15. Musicman1901

So if you buy the pedaltrainpro for 150 and then the mono case for 150 you would just be better off getting the one with the hardsehell?
  16. Roscoe East

Roscoe East

I'm not the OP, but fwiw I'd be a lot happier dragging a Mono case around than dealing with a big heavy hardshell flight case

(...but that's 'cuz 90% of the gigs I need a pedalboard for are local and don't involve roadies, airline baggage handlers, or, frankly, anybody else but me carting my gear.)
  17. JFOC

JFOC

I've been looking into picking up a pedaltrain at some point. From what I can tell it's not on the list of guitar centers exclusions, so wait until theres a sale and save a few bucks.
  18. bludog

bludog Supporting Member

19. Musicman1901

Thanks for the tip bludog