TimeLine vs RC-300 vs Gibson EDP+

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by godspeed68, Dec 24, 2013.

1. godspeed68

godspeed68 i like music. a lot. Supporting Member

I'm looking to get some dialog going regarding these three units.

I currently have an RC-300 and Timeline (with DMC-6) and am getting an Echoplex (w/foot controller) shipped to me soon.

It seems like the EDP+ has limited functionality compared to the other two (mono, no multi-loop capability), but is considered to be the best looping unit available/ever made/valhalla etc.

My gripe with the Timeline is with it's limited headroom. I'm told they do bass mods, but haven't looked into it yet. The ability to switch between pre and post delay machine is a killer function.

RC-300 is great. Lots of routing options, built-in effects, but I take issue with not being able to do <1 sec loops, and it's a bit of a tone sucker. The only way I run it is in a parallel loop with the input source muted at the output, dry side going to my SVT.

Looping/Effects community, let's talk about these three awesome units and get some solid info locked into one thread.
  2. Gundecker

Gundecker

RC300 not being able to do.... What?
  3. godspeed68

Did you read this from the mobile app? Check on a computer and the full post should be there.
  4. Roscoe East

Roscoe East

I haven't used a recent EDP with the Loop IV firmware, so I'm not positive about this, but I thought that update added multi-loop capability? In any event, I wouldn't necessarily consider that a shortcoming; the EDP offers so many cool ways to manipulate the primary loop that I never found myself missing multi-loop storage/playback.

btw, if you really want the "best looping unit available/ever made/valhalla etc" check out the Looperlative LP-1. (sadly, discontinued...though the newer LP-2 is allegedly pretty kickass too.)
  5. godspeed68

great info here. my edp with loop iv should be arriving in the next few days and can't wait to jump into it. we can totally add the looperlative to the list of loopers to consider. what are some things you love about the lp-1 and/or lp-2?

*side note* i know bands like don cab and battles (ian williams) get brought up a bunch when rock guys talk about live looping possibilities. in the case of battles, i know they were/(still are?) using an edp or two in their live rigs, but are also using ableton.
  6. godspeed68

7. JehuJava

JehuJava I endorse myself Supporting Member

I like the EDP's feedback control of the loop so older loops gradually fade out while new loops are still playing.

Do the rest do that? Pigtronix infinity?