Tips for setting up a full pedaltrain pro

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by volerium, Sep 14, 2013.

1. volerium

volerium Supporting Member

About to try to design my ideal pedal setup. Going to be 15 - 17 pedals on a pedaltrain pro with two voodoo power 2 + underneath.

Should I install the power underneath first and cover the board with velcro after or does that matter? Also, is the velco that comes with it fine or should I get something else? And does the rough side go on the board, soft side on the pedals or does that matter at all?

Originally I had planned on getting the hardcase with the board but I have a small room I'm playing in and the dimensions of that just seemed overly big so I got the bag instead, figuring if I store the board vertically anyways it shouldn't have a chance to get trampled on.

Any tips on how to keep those pedals on there firmly or the smallest cables to make room to cram all that on there is appreciated. Let me know how you set yours up

Thanks in advance

2. aprod

aprod

I installed my power supply and then attached the soft side Velcro to the board. I ran my power to each pedal then the patch cables. Plan on changing floor plans a few times before you dial it in. Just when you think its perfect...
    The Velcro holds them on there good. Sometimes the Velcro will not stick to the bottom of some pedals. The rubber is kinda of oily. I clean those with rubbing alcohol and that helps. Good luck.

3. Rickenmonster

Rickenmonster Supporting Member

I cut off the rubber if they're "keepers".

4. Adamixoye

Adamixoye A PT Pro is cool for worship, right? Supporting Member

I have a completely different question about setting up a PT Pro. Which direction do you orient your power supply? Do you have the outlets toward the front with the main cable coming out the back?

I have a PT Pro and am looking into a PP Mondo.

5. Register to disable this ad