1. Welcome to the premier online community and classifieds for bass players!

Register a free account to post, remove lots of ads, and more!

Tired of Christmas Music

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by Bassmanbob, Dec 19, 2012.

1. Bassmanbob

Bassmanbob Supporting Member

I actually like Christmas music, but I've had enough of it this year. We play it at work all day. I had to turn it off today.

And learning Christmas song this time of year is a pain in the neck. We play them once or twice and then forget them for 11 months. Then next year we have to relearn them again.

Boy... I sound grumpy. Thanks for letting me rant.

2. john m

john m Supporting Member

Jan 15, 2006
    I love playing the tunes. I've been playing them for 40 years now and still love them. Especially the ones with good changes. The ones that I can't just dust off and play, I read.

Reading music is a rewarding skill. Memorizing anything is no fun.

3. If I hear the Andy Williams, Ray Coniff, Phil Spector & The Ronettes and Johnny Mathis Xmas albums alongside the Xmas oldies of the 50s and 60s repeatedly I'm a happy camper.

My irritation begins when Feliz Navidad and Wonderful Christmastime by Sir Paul enter the mix.

4. Bloodhammer

Bloodhammer Twinkle Twinkle Black Star

Jul 7, 2009
    Basstalk247.com
    I've been tired of Christmas music for twenty years.

5. Sponsored by:

6. SirMjac28

SirMjac28 Patiently Waiting For The Next British Invasion

Aug 25, 2010
    The Great Midwest
    I play the music from A Charlie Brown Christmas year round can't get enough.

7. Bootsy Collins "Christmas is Forever" best Christmas album EVER!!

8. Piggy8692

Piggy8692

Oct 2, 2010
    Northern Utah
    Christmas music is tolerable the week before Christmas... Luckily, they start playing it the day after turkey day. Just to make sure that we hate it by Christmas. :spit:

9. James Judson

James Judson

Jul 16, 2009
    I'd like Christmas music a lot more if it got the Bad Idea T shirt girl to show that last 10%.

10. I like Christmas music...........and I'm Jewish.

11. aetheldrea

aetheldrea Supporting Member

Oct 11, 2010
    Santa Paula, CA
    The last place I worked, they played "X-mas" music all December, but only the songs that don't actually mention "X" lest anyone should be offended.