1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TB Android app is working, you may need to uninstall/reinstall. The iPhone app is now updated and should work after you upgrade. TalkBass is responsive to any screen size, so we recommend using your mobile browser for full functionality.

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

Tired of Christmas Music

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by Bassmanbob, Dec 19, 2012.

1. Bassmanbob

Bassmanbob Supporting Member

I actually like Christmas music, but I've had enough of it this year. We play it at work all day. I had to turn it off today.

And learning Christmas song this time of year is a pain in the neck. We play them once or twice and then forget them for 11 months. Then next year we have to relearn them again.

Boy... I sound grumpy. Thanks for letting me rant.
  2. john m

john m Supporting Member

I love playing the tunes. I've been playing them for 40 years now and still love them. Especially the ones with good changes. The ones that I can't just dust off and play, I read.

Reading music is a rewarding skill. Memorizing anything is no fun.
  3. guitardefector

guitardefector

If I hear the Andy Williams, Ray Coniff, Phil Spector & The Ronettes and Johnny Mathis Xmas albums alongside the Xmas oldies of the 50s and 60s repeatedly I'm a happy camper.

My irritation begins when Feliz Navidad and Wonderful Christmastime by Sir Paul enter the mix.
  4. Bloodhammer

Bloodhammer Don't be ludicrous Supporting Member

I've been tired of Christmas music for twenty years.
  5. mjac28

mjac28 50th Anniversary Ed Sullivan February 9, 1964 Gold Supporting Member

I play the music from A Charlie Brown Christmas year round can't get enough.
  6. SkylineFiver

SkylineFiver

Bootsy Collins "Christmas is Forever" best Christmas album EVER!!
  7. Piggy8692

Piggy8692

Christmas music is tolerable the week before Christmas... Luckily, they start playing it the day after turkey day. Just to make sure that we hate it by Christmas. :spit:
  8. James Judson

James Judson

I'd like Christmas music a lot more if it got the Bad Idea T shirt girl to show that last 10%.
  9. pica

pica

I like Christmas music...........and I'm Jewish.
  10. aetheldrea

aetheldrea

The last place I worked, they played "X-mas" music all December, but only the songs that don't actually mention "X" lest anyone should be offended.