TNT TOUR 115 600 Watt Owners

Discussion in 'Amps [BG]' started by aborg1, Jan 21, 2014.

1. aborg1

aborg1

Hello Fellow Tour 115's,

Just got my booming low hertz shock wave pumping Tour 115 and I have 2 questions.

1. With my previous use and knowledge of compressor functionality maybe I'm missing something or a proper explanation \ use of the compressor function on this amp. Can someone educate please ?

2. The active switch on this amp seems to be anemic sounding with my active basses, it just seems weak compared to my previous so called " cheaper quality " bass combo amps. Any reflections \ opinions are appreciated.

I talked to Peavey support also about the loud fan noise their reply " We get this question a lot, maybe just change to another fan , sorry ".

I think I love the amp so far, but " just saying " help my ignorance \ expectations, please ?
    :meh:

2. Bass_Pounder

Bass_Pounder

There is NO reason to use the "active" input unless you are overdriving the preamp when using the passive input.

3. Roland GR 88

Roland GR 88 Supporting Member

The compressor has a fixed attack and release and the control knob determines the level at which compression kicks in. Higher values = more compression. Some dial in enough so not to notice it, others use it as a tone shaping tool and most probably don't use it at all.

4. aborg1

aborg1

Roland GR 88

Okay that's my understanding, but this feature seems to be lacking on this amp.

Thanks

5. Register to disable this ad
  6. aborg1

aborg1

Bass_Pounder

I guess I just have to get use to the TNT 115's low output on the active input compared to my Fender 350 and Ampeg BA115. Everything must change, but there is a very distinct
    difference. Not complaining just getting different insight and opinions.

Thanks