1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TB Android app is working, you may need to uninstall/reinstall. The iPhone app is still pending approval by Apple. If you haven't yet, try using your mobile browser - TalkBass is responsive to any screen size.

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

To DI or not to DI

Discussion in 'Live Sound [BG]' started by Spent, Feb 26, 2014.

1. Spent

Spent Supporting Member

I just picked up a GK 1001RB (first generation) from a fellow TBer and played it through my Hartke 410XL for the first time last night. IMHO they were meant for each other. Now I have a dilemma. I play an active Spector and had planned on using a Radial JDI. I'm so happy with this GK1001RB that I'm now considering using it for gigs and eventually getting a new one (I bought it as a rehearsal amp only). Does anyone have any experience with the built in DI? How does it compare to using a passive di? I am very well aware of the differences between active/passive in theory, but am looking for input on actual experience.
  2. wcriley

wcriley

Disclosures:
    Uncompensated endorsing user: fEARful
    When I had a 1001RB-II, I always used the built-in DI, set to Post, so that I could use the "Woofer Hi Cut" button to filter out the highs going to the mixer.