'To Do or Not To Do'

Discussion in 'Amps [BG]' started by mustBmtd, Jan 9, 2014.

1. mustBmtd

mustBmtd

Already using 1 Bergantino HT112, which is working out right on point. But looking for opinions on this thought. I've come across a super great deal on a GK-4x10 8ohms cabinet mint conditioned for $125.00. Mind you the Berg is 8ohms as well. The pause is! Will these two cabs work together at all. And the only thing I was looking at was just the fact of being able to add just a little extra Booty Bottom. I already have the Head power with my Aggie. So total hook up would be 12 top 4x10 bottom. :cool::bassist: P.S. I've not hooked this up yet nor have I finalized the deal on the GK cab yet.
  2. orangejulius3

orangejulius3 Supporting Member

At that price of the GK, I would pick it up.

As far as mixing these two, I doubt it would work. Doesn't hurt to try.

I tried this same setup with the Avatar brand, both 4x10 and 1x12 and my SB112 got lost in the sound.
  3. dincz

dincz

They'll work but as they're both 8 ohm, your amp's power will be equally divided between the two cabs. The result is that you'll run into the limit of the 12 (half your power into a single 12) while the 4x10 has plenty in reserve (the other half of your power divided among 4 tens).

So, purely in terms of power distribution, it's not a good idea. And then there's the unknown factor - what will they sound like together?
  4. B-string

B-string Supporting Member

There are many different models of G-K 410's, if it is a BLX (BackLine)or GLX don't expect a lot as those are entry level cabs.
  5. Register to disable this ad
  6. RickenBoogie

RickenBoogie

+1 to all- first off, which GK 410, and then, a 410 paired with a single 12 could very well land you a busted 12 cab. At best, it will be extremely unbalanced, but at worst, the 112 will die while being drowned out by the 410.
  7. Nephilymbass

Nephilymbass Supporting Member

if you like the sound of it, get it to have another cab option. But no I wouldn't run them together.