To sell of modify?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by jthebass, Dec 21, 2012.

1. jthebass

jthebass

Hi all...looked at these boards for a long time but never posted.

I have a Fender MIM Reggie Hamilton Sig Jazz bass that I have been thinking of selling for some time but there is a part of me that doesn't want to let it go.

I also have a Music Man humbucker pick up that needs a home and I was thinking of having it fitted into the Reggie.

I am looking for thoughts and opinions. Also, does anyone know if the active preamp on the Reggie would accommodate such a beast.

Looking forward to your thoughts!
  2. Reggie Hamilton

Reggie Hamilton

Disclosures:
    Endorsers: FMIC, ADesigns Audio, Dunlop, Pearlman Mics
    I'm a big fan of mods and I have a Musicman pickup that I've been meaning to route for a 50's P Bass. As far as cutting into the Reggie, you could do it. I did for an experiment.

This is my Reggie with a jazz bass in the neck position and a reissued maple neck. The bass is back to normal now but I wanted to hear some things.

If you don't have extra bread to spend, let it go so that you can get most of your investment back and build something from scratch. It's not difficult these days.

Hope that helps.

All the best,

RH
  3. funkingroovin

funkingroovin Conquering A-D-D,and all the other notes as well!

Well now I don't feel guilty for trying the same thing :D
    DSC00413.JPG
    My ol' Reggie(also back to normal now..;))
  4. smcd

smcd Supporting Member

Collectibility isn't an issue with this bass, so that's good. The only thing I would consider with a mod like this is whether you want to spend a couple hundred bucks to have this done.
  5. Register to disable this ad