Tobias Basic 4 PARTS

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by Dave Tazzman, Mar 15, 2014.

1. Dave Tazzman

Dave Tazzman

Hello Bass Headz

Ive recently acquired a Tobias Basic 4 bass,, Blue neck thru with Bartolini pickups,,
    Serial number 2097

bass was owned by Testament Bassist Greg Christian

Im looking for a truss rod cover (missing)and a rear cover(he signed it and I wanna store it)

So any info on the serial number and where or who I could contact for those parts would be appreciated..
  2. Brams77

Brams77 Supporting Member

Thats actually quite hard, these are not made anymore, and I have seen alot of these missing the covers. Best thing to do is contact something like the pickguardian since you have the backplate they can make you that custom, the trusscover you just have to measure and give them some pics of a real one...

Serial 2097 is a really early Gibson made bass, but it could be a Burbank made Gibson finished bass aswell as Michael sais on his website 2044 was the last out of Burbank but first 60 basses after that Gibson still worked with blanks or unfinnished basses from the stock in Burbank that was flown in to Nashville... I'm sure iTS a great bass;)

Take care,

Bram