1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TalkBass iphone/android app is NOT WORKING currently. We're working on it. Tapatalk IS working, so if you need to use an app, use Tapatalk. Try using your browser though - TalkBass is now 100% responsive to your phone/tablet screen size ;)

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

Tobias Killer B 5 string

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by mark35mi, Feb 24, 2013.

1. mark35mi

mark35mi

I have a Tobias Killer B 5, and have had it for YEARS!!!
    Are serial numbers in the 2300's pre gibson?!?
    Just Curious. Love it regardless.
    I have small hands.... so being narrower near the nut is great, yet widens nicely towards the bridge for reaching to slap and snap a bit. The Bart's are great as well!
    Thanks!
  2. Zootsuitbass

Zootsuitbass

The ONLY toby I've ever owned. I live in LA in 92 and bought a Killer B. BIG regret selling that. There is a guy in Portland Or who has a old one. Only one I've seen since.
  3. superjesus

superjesus Supporting Member

4. mark35mi

mark35mi

Thanks superjesus. From what I read it appears mine is a Nashville Gibson bass. Good to know. Thanks again!
  5. Zootsuitbass

Zootsuitbass

I bought a KB from Michael in person in Burbank.
  6. Kirk Bryant

Kirk Bryant

tell us more ...I have an early Gibson KB-5 THAT IS A GREAT INSTRUMENT.....OOPS..HAHA
  7. Kirk Bryant

Kirk Bryant

I will whisper now .....SHuuuuuuuuuuuuu.........
  8. mark35mi

mark35mi

I am curious if this body style is 'normal'. I think this is VERY early Gibson era Tobias Killer B. I LOVE my bass... but keep seeing pics of rounded horns. Ser # is mid 2300's
    Thoughts? Thanks.

Attached Files:

• body.jpg
      body.jpg
      File size:
      166.3 KB
      Views:
  9. svtb15

svtb15

Disclosures:
    Endorsing Artist:Alleva-Coppolo| MESA |Genz-Benz R.I.P.|REDDI|Westone
    I had an early 90s Killer B 5.. Another one i never should have sold. Mine was unique in that I had Tobias do "Dot inlays" on the fingerboard.. I never saw another with dots... . I sold it to some guy in Arizona IIRC.. Would love to find it again if possible.