Today was supposed to be my NBD, but oh no....

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Audix99, Feb 13, 2013.

1. Audix99

Audix99

Just venting out my disappointment and a bit of concern over the bass I ordered from GC.

Ordered a bass from GC and received the shipping notice on Monday 2/11 at 7:30 PM.

Since I live about 4-hour (driving) away from GC's warehouse, it was supposed to be delivered to me today if everything went smoothly.
    (It's 2-day delivery distance through UPS ground)

But as of now, on Wednesday morning, the UPS tracking STILL says, "shipping label was created" and nothing else.
    No other info at all.
    No sign of the package ever being picked up and scanned by UPS even after 40 hours of my receiving shipping notice from GC.

Called GC and was told to wait because UPS can be late in updating the package status.
    (But really? Being late for more than 40 hours???)
    Called UPS and was told that the shipping label was created by GC, but they had NO record of the package being actually picked up by UPS.
    Called GC again and was told that the package should be on its way even though there was no record of the package actually being process by UPS yet.
    And GC told me to wait until the end of today and call them back if the situation remains the same.

I guess I have no choice but to wait and see if there will be any progress on the shipping status of my bass...

Receiving a bass a day or two later is not a big deal, but not knowing anything about where it is right now is not a comfortable feeling.

(BTW, I've ordered through GC and MF (and delivered by UPS) many times before and had never had a package not being process for more than 24 hours from shipping notice during weekdays.
    So please let me know if you had a similar experience that ended on a positive note. It will make me feel better about the situation. :))

Thanks for lending me your ears! ;)
  2. jlepre

jlepre

So what are you getting?
  3. JonnyAngle

JonnyAngle

My guess is that the order is being processed internally at GC, which can take a few days. Once the item is picked up, it will be delivered the next day. Where I work, we print the UPS labels right away, before the parts are even made.
  4. Audix99

Audix99

5. fenderhutz

fenderhutz Supporting Member

I bet they put the wrong label on it and it's on it's way to some random dude in Kenosha.

Just a theory.
  6. Audix99

Audix99

Thanks for the assurance. :)
  7. Audix99

Audix99

Dude, that's not funny. NOT funny at all... :scowl: :D
  8. R&B

R&B Don't want no treble. Supporting Member

Condolences. I recently ordered a '57 AVRI used from M123 at a great price. One day after sending the order confirmation, they canceled the order!! It's all relative. Good luck with your NBD.
  9. jlepre

jlepre

NICE! I was eyeing the 5 string version.
  10. SirMjac28

SirMjac28 Patiently Waiting For The Next British Invasion Gold Supporting Member

Beautiful bass I have a feeling it will be there later today keep us updated and we will be celebrating today and tomorrow congrats.
  11. oldleftybass

oldleftybass

I got my bass from MF last week and had a similar experience- it took longer than it used to for any tracking to kick in. They say they're now trucking their own loads from the warehouse to the UPS center, so the label gets printed right away, but UPS doesn't see it for a lot longer then if UPS pick it up at the warehouse. Mine showed up fine, good luck!
  12. awilkie84

awilkie84 Supporting Member

13. JEDI BASS

JEDI BASS Supporting Member

This is Ibanez's equivalent to Lakland's 44-94 or 44-02. Basically it has Stingray neck dimensions which are my favorite, and rounded off fret ends like US Laklands. I may have to try to demo one of these... Ibanez's hold sentimental value for me :D.
  14. Audix99

Audix99

Thanks for sharing your experience.
    I did not realized that they are trucking their own loads from the warehouse to the UPS center now.
    Now I feel more at ease about the situation. :)
  15. mystic38

mystic38

The same thing has happened to me TWICE with Music123, once on an amp and once on a mic/stand/cable package

Wont ever use then again

16. Audix99

Audix99

I am getting this ATK800 after returning a SBMM Ray34CA in GC Exclusive 2-tone burst that I had bought.
    The Ray34CA was really a good bass and I had no issue with it.
    But I much prefer a wider, P-bass type neck, which this ATK800 has.
    Also, I figured having a neck PUP would be good.
    And I liked the color and finish on ATK800 better.

Anyway, I'm hoping that I've made a right decision by returning Ray34CA for this ATK800. ;)
  17. JEDI BASS

JEDI BASS Supporting Member

It has the same nutwidth as a stingray: 1.65"

P bass width is 1.75"

Jazz are 1.5"
  18. DwaynieAD

DwaynieAD

UPS hubs push for a 90% scan rate. They get scanned in and then scanned out. you could be part of the 10% that slipped through the in or the out.
  19. bass32

bass32 Supporting Member

I know it's hard to, but be patient. It can sometimes take a couple of days for them to update their website. :rollno:
    I ordered a bass late friday morning. According to UPS web site the bass was processed at 8:08 monday evening. No change in status until about 9:30 last night (tuesday) when UPS posted a delivery date for today. This morning they show it on a truck out for delivery.

So good luck to both of us. We'll be thumpin' our new basses before we know it. :bassist:

Hope you don't mind me posting a pic on your thread, but I am a little excited. :hyper:
    I'm getting an Am Stnd Precision V.

[​IMG]
  20. Caca de Kick

Caca de Kick Supporting Member

I'm not defending GC, but there is truth to that "label created" explanation, especially if they know the box left their facility. My shop ships quite a few big boxes daily, and when there's a ton of them at pick up, the driver doesn't scan them all. And when they travel even across country, the tracking page still only shows "label created" even though I know it left. Once the box arrives at it's destination hub nearest the customer and the hub scans it....boom, the tracking page fills out with all the info like it would originally have listed.