1. Welcome to TalkBass, the Premier Bass Player Community and Information Source. Register a 100% Free Account to post and unlock tons of features.

Tonality and Design in Music Theory

Discussion in 'General Instruction [BG]' started by angryclown5, Jan 7, 2013.

1. angryclown5

angryclown5

Does anyone have the CD that goes with this textbook? Tonality and Design in Music Theory by Earl Henry and Michael Rogers. I'd be willing to buy it or pay for a copy.
    Thanks in advance.

Attached Files:

2. Bainbridge

Bainbridge

Looks pretty scarce. There are better texts out there, you know. Miguel Roig-Francoli's Harmony In Context and Kostka & Payne's Tonal Harmony (5ed. and later) are both well-written and have easily obtainable accompanying CD's.

3. angryclown5

angryclown5

Does look scarce, but alas, it is the textbook for a class I'm taking this semester. I'll keep the search going for a few more days on here, Craigslist, Facebook, bulletin boards, etc. We'll see what happens...

4. Bainbridge

Bainbridge

A professor should use textbooks that are reasonably available. Since the CD is out of print, I would ask the professor if they would rip a copy of the CD for you.

If you're finding the material confusing during the course of the semester, I highly recommend buying one of the texts that I mentioned above. Good luck!

5. Register to disable this ad
  6. angryclown5

angryclown5

It is available. The book and CD are $120 new. Just looking around for options. And yes, I may be able to get a copy from someone at school.

7. longfinger

longfinger

Ask the students who took the class last year if any of them wants to sell their book+CD. Put a poster up in the hallway. Network.