1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. We are currently evaluating the "One Post Per Classified Ad" policy. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TalkBass iphone/android app is NOT WORKING currently. We're working on it. Tapatalk IS working, so if you need to use an app, use Tapatalk. Try using your browser though - TalkBass is now 100% responsive to your phone/tablet screen size ;)

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

Tone Hammer 500 + Avatar Cabs

Discussion in 'Amps [BG]' started by MascisMan, Jan 8, 2014.

1. MascisMan

MascisMan

Anyone using these in conjunction with each other? What are your impressions? What cabs are you using?
  2. jeff7bass

jeff7bass

I noticed the B212 with the powerful ceramic Eminence 500w woofers is on sale now. Great deal. Haven't heard the two combined but when you start with a good cab and top it with a good head, good sound is usually the result.
  3. kikstand454

kikstand454 Supporting Member

I'm interested in this also.....I am seriously considering the th500 into two sb112s.
  4. NWB

NWB

I use a TH500 into a TB153 and it sounds quite good and very loud. It seems to help reduce gankiness by cutting some of the hi-mid out. Very full down low with excellent dispersion.
  5. shoot-r

shoot-r

I've not run a Tone Hammer head through my two, 210 Avatar cabinets, but, I have gigged the Avatars with my old G.K. 800RB, my G.K. MB2-500, my Ampeg PF-500, and my recently acquired Hartke LH1000 head.

The Avatars sounded "good" with the G.K. 800, "very good" with the G.K. MB2-500, "good" with the Ampeg PF-500 for the one set I got to use it before it quit at the gig, and they sound "outstanding" with the Hartke LH1000.
    Plus, they are handling the 1100 watts of the LH without a flinch.......

Hope this helps in someway.......
  6. sb69coupe

sb69coupe

I played a gig last night with the TH500 into a 4-ohm B210 Neo cab. I was really pleased with how they paired together. The amp has a nice full bottom end, the right amount of "grunt" with the drive setting up slightly, and the smooth relaxed mids tamed the more up-front nature of that cabinet in the upper midrange.

Just for reference, I was playing a Gibson Midtown hollowbody with flats into the rig. Very nice punchy vintage tone to my ears.
  7. MascisMan

MascisMan

Excellent! Has anyone tried the B212 with the TH?