1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TalkBass iphone/android app is NOT WORKING currently. We're working on it. Tapatalk IS working, so if you need to use an app, use Tapatalk. Try using your browser though - TalkBass is now 100% responsive to your phone/tablet screen size ;)

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

Tone Hunting :(

Discussion in 'Strings [BG]' started by dingmel, Feb 16, 2014.

1. dingmel

dingmel

Hi there fellow bassists and string gurus.

Firstly, listen to the tone of the bass from this clip :

I have a TRB1006, which is a 6 string, alder body, with rosewood fretboard, i had defretted and refinished, so the board has a laquered coating. First attempt at getting this kind of tone was with nickel d'addario roundwounds. then with rotosound steels. I'm thinking of going flats or halfs, but having never tried them, how close would they get me to this kind of tone?

iinm is the bassist favoring the bridge pickup and playing in between pickups?

Thanks!
  2. dingmel

dingmel

3. hotbass57

hotbass57

Jack used rounds to get his tone. Daddario chromes are flats that have round wound qualities, tone when breaking in. I couldn't listen on my phone. Go on you tube there are some videos of flats comparison. Jason at www.basstringsonline.com He Is extremely helpful and u get a discount let him know yr a TB member.