1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TB Android app is working, you may need to uninstall/reinstall. The iPhone app is now updated and should work after you upgrade. TalkBass is responsive to any screen size, so we recommend using your mobile browser for full functionality.

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

Tone of the Fender Am. Deluxe Jazz

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by supremo, Dec 29, 2013.

1. supremo

supremo

If the toggle switch in a Fender American Deluxe J bass switch to the passive position will the tone be the same as an American Std J bass?
  2. faulknersj

faulknersj Supporting Member

I think that the Standard and Deluxe Models have different pickups...but it will be very similar.
  3. headband

headband Supporting Member

The current American Deluxe Jazz bass has the noiseless N3 pickups and do sound different than the American Standard. I have owned both. The American standard now has the CS 60's pickup which has a more vintage tone. The American Deluxe tone is a more balanced, a little less midrange but with a good strong low end. I had no problems with the Deluxe tone, and had one local music critic say that that particular instrument had one of the best tones that he had heard. I only sold it as I don't play a 5er much anymore.