Tone pot issue

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by purfektstranger, Nov 7, 2012.

1. purfektstranger

purfektstranger

I recently swapped out the pickups on my jazz bass. The tone pot works until I put both pickup volumes on full and then it does nothing.
    Anyone ever have a similar issue and if so how did you solve it?

2. line6man

line6man

The only thing that would explain such behavior would be if the impedance drop when running both pickups parallel is significant enough that the cutoff frequency of the filter is being shifted up. Did you switch to pickups of a very low output impedance?

3. purfektstranger

purfektstranger

I really don't know to be honest . I put in two Fender U.S. pickups. They sound really good but the tone pot not working on full volume is a bit of a drag. Only thing I noticed was that the previous pickups had a separate ground plate under each of them them. I installed the new pickups and also reattached the ground plate wires to the pots.

4. eddododo

eddododo Supporting Member

How strange..

Everything is wide open (bright) when at full? Whats the cap value / imprint

Id love a picture of the cavity

5. Register to disable this ad
  6. purfektstranger

purfektstranger

Yup everything is wide open. I will take a photo of the cavity tomorrow after work and post it.