1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TalkBass iphone/android app is NOT WORKING currently. We're working on it. Tapatalk IS working, so if you need to use an app, use Tapatalk. Try using your browser though - TalkBass is now 100% responsive to your phone/tablet screen size ;)

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

Tony Orlando and Dawn

Discussion in 'Bassists [BG]' started by Sarah_J, Jan 15, 2014.

1. Sarah_J

Sarah_J

Yeah I know, real lightweight 70's pop (or is it pap?), but listen closely to those old 70's bubblegum hits and you'll discover some brilliantly imaginative and tuneful bass lines.
    As a sort of hobby, I like to learn these songs and put videos of myself playing them up on Youtube; you'd be surprised how much interest such things generate.
    The song I'm currently working on is 'What Are You Doing Sunday', a 1971 hit by Tony Orlando and Dawn. The bass sounds a lot like Joe Osborn to me, but I can't find any record of who actually played on the session. Does anyone know who played bass on this record and the other Dawn hits, please?
  2. JimK

JimK

No doubt...& check out "One Bad Apple" by The Osmond Brothers.