1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. We are currently evaluating the "One Post Per Classified Ad" policy. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TalkBass iphone/android app is NOT WORKING currently. We're working on it. Tapatalk IS working, so if you need to use an app, use Tapatalk. Try using your browser though - TalkBass is now 100% responsive to your phone/tablet screen size ;)

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

Took my wife shopping and I ended up with a new bass:)

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by sandman357, Feb 22, 2014.

1. sandman357

sandman357

http://images.samash.com/sa/F39/F39003XXXX-P_3.fpx?cell=540,400&qlt=90&cvt=jpg[/IMG

I took my wife and daughters to the mall and then went to a local music store to mess around while they shopped. I was just totally killing time and picked up a Mustang pawn shop bass guitar. Pluged it in and I was blown away. The short scale neck felt really good to me and the humbucker had a muddy growl to it that was very cool. Music Store had it priced a hundred bucks less than Musicians Friend so I got it! Now I'm sitting in the parking lot of the mall waiting on the wife to get done shopping so I can go home and play:)
  2. elgecko

elgecko

3. mjac28

mjac28 50th Anniversary Ed Sullivan February 9, 1964 Gold Supporting Member

That is too cool congrats I haven't even heard of this model nice.
  4. Apolicious

Apolicious

These Pawn Shop instruments are brilliant. It's almost like Fender "listened to what customers want."
  5. petrus61

petrus61 Supporting Member

I tried one of those Pawn Shop Mustangs at GC a while back and was thoroughly impressed. Sounded like a P on steroids, with a silky bottom end. Not muddy like I expected it to be.
  6. sandman357

sandman357

7. Jah Wobble Fan

Jah Wobble Fan

8. mrb327

mrb327 Just say No to Tort Supporting Member

Old fat fingers work well on a short scale though! Jk

Really like the pickguard against the rosewood board, looks beautiful
  9. Neener

Neener <-- Grumpy Old Dog Supporting Member

Wow very nice.

Even if it sounds and plays like poo (which i'm sure it doesn't) I'd keep it around just to look at.

Well done!
  10. nukes_da_bass

nukes_da_bass Supporting Member

The wife is a keeper!
    I have ZERO shopping stories like that.
  11. MoreBeer

MoreBeer

That's a cool little bass. I'm a fan of short scales myself. I think I want one. I'll make sure the wife buys something for herself first to avoid Armageddon when the UPS truck shows up.
  12. halfjackson

halfjackson Supporting Member

That's so cool! Congrats on the bass, and congrats on not wanting to jump out of a moving car after a day of shopping with the fam. Enjoy!
  13. sandman357

sandman357

Finally got the new Mustang home and have been playing it all evening. I am so happy with it. It is perfect for me. To think I was going to totally dismiss it because it was a short scale bass. Have I mentioned I love this bass?
  14. badboyb

badboyb

I recently jumped on the short scale wagon too.
    I bought a Squier VM Mustang.

I had also always dismissed them as 'toys', but I love playing it and love the sound of it more than my P bass.