Took my wife shopping and I ended up with a new bass:)

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by sandman357, Feb 22, 2014.

I took my wife and daughters to the mall and then went to a local music store to mess around while they shopped. I was just totally killing time and picked up a Mustang pawn shop bass guitar. Pluged it in and I was blown away. The short scale neck felt really good to me and the humbucker had a muddy growl to it that was very cool. Music Store had it priced a hundred bucks less than Musicians Friend so I got it! Now I'm sitting in the parking lot of the mall waiting on the wife to get done shopping so I can go home and play:)
  2. elgecko

Apr 30, 2007
    Anasleim, CA
  3. SirMjac28

SirMjac28 Patiently Waiting For The Next British Invasion Gold Supporting Member

Aug 25, 2010
    The Great Midwest
    That is too cool congrats I haven't even heard of this model nice.
  4. Apolicious

Jan 16, 2014
    These Pawn Shop instruments are brilliant. It's almost like Fender "listened to what customers want."
  5. Sponsored by:

6. petrus61

petrus61 Supporting Member

I tried one of those Pawn Shop Mustangs at GC a while back and was thoroughly impressed. Sounded like a P on steroids, with a silky bottom end. Not muddy like I expected it to be.
  9. mrb327

mrb327 Supporting Member

Mar 6, 2013
    Old fat fingers work well on a short scale though! Jk

Really like the pickguard against the rosewood board, looks beautiful
  10. Neener

Neener Grumpy Old Dog

Feb 25, 2007
    Mechanicsburg, PA
    Wow very nice.

Even if it sounds and plays like poo (which i'm sure it doesn't) I'd keep it around just to look at.

Well done!
  11. nukes_da_bass

nukes_da_bass Banned

Feb 19, 2006
    west suburban boston
    The wife is a keeper!
    I have ZERO shopping stories like that.
  12. MoreBeer

Jan 5, 2014
    That's a cool little bass. I'm a fan of short scales myself. I think I want one. I'll make sure the wife buys something for herself first to avoid Armageddon when the UPS truck shows up.
  13. halfjackson

Feb 19, 2010
    Boston, MA
    That's so cool! Congrats on the bass, and congrats on not wanting to jump out of a moving car after a day of shopping with the fam. Enjoy!
  14. Finally got the new Mustang home and have been playing it all evening. I am so happy with it. It is perfect for me. To think I was going to totally dismiss it because it was a short scale bass. Have I mentioned I love this bass?
  15. badboyb

Aug 27, 2009
    I recently jumped on the short scale wagon too.
    I bought a Squier VM Mustang.

I had also always dismissed them as 'toys', but I love playing it and love the sound of it more than my P bass.