1. Welcome to TalkBass, the Premier Bass Player Community and Information Source. Register a 100% Free Account to post and unlock tons of features.

Top 20 New Pedals From NAMM

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by kenstee, Feb 2, 2014.

1. kenstee

kenstee

2. SirMjac28

SirMjac28 Patiently Waiting For The Next British Invasion Gold Supporting Member

I'm really excited for the JHS Pedals Colour Box everything else blah

3. JonDark

JonDark

I'm really curious about this one myself.

I was actually wanting to check out the FatRat being it had the thick switch and the orig whiteface LM308 chip, (my fav Rat) Orig WF has too much of the treble/nasally tone for my taste and I don't want to mod mine for obvious reasons. Really hoped this could be a good alternative.

Then I read this

"The prototype at the show had the coveted LM308 chip from the original whiteface Rat, but the version shipping will have the OP07DP for a more RAT2 sound."

What people heard at NAMM will be very different than what we actually get. So demo something closer to a fattened up WF but ship something closer to the Rat 2? :rollno:

4. vigor&kandor

vigor&kandor

no way huge havalina? it is suppose to be a tone bender clone.

5. Register to disable this ad
  6. fheliojr

fheliojr

nothing really impressive, IMHO.

7. skulletwhip

skulletwhip

During all the NAMM fun, I am pretty sure I saw a Swollen Pickle that had the trimmers on the outside. That has me excited.

8. TrevorOfDoom

TrevorOfDoom Supporting Member

If the ColourBox is everything it's supposed to be, I don't know why we all shouldn't own one!
    Killer use in studio! (run your digital board at super low gain/zero character added, and run everything through the ColourBox! it's like recording with a real Neve board!)
    And live, as I'm sure there's some sweet tones for live use that can be tweaked out of this pedal.
    My guitarist/engineer is already salivating over this one.

9. Nephilymbass

Nephilymbass Supporting Member

the JHS supposedly having a Neve quality makes it interesting but not really interested in any of the others.

I want the new bass whammy, and a couple other things, none of which were on the list.

10. Bassmike62

Bassmike62

That Keeley Comp Pro is one sexy box. Anybody know if Bongo is aware of that one ?

11. WaldoNova

WaldoNova Having fun yet? Supporting Member

Surprisingly nothing gas inducing there for me.

12. DinnerWithAGypsy

DinnerWithAGypsy Supporting Member

Yeah, I'm cautiously optimistic about the JHS Colour Box (and therefore am admittedly interested in it). Beyond that, I'll monitor people's firsthand impressions of the Walrus Audio Descent and EQD Pitch Bay, but I realistically don't see myself purchasing either.

13. father of fires

father of fires Supporting Member

I'd love to try a FATRat!

14. Swift713

Swift713

The color box does look interesting but the eq centers and particularly the high pass seem a bit high for a five string bass.

15. DinnerWithAGypsy

DinnerWithAGypsy Supporting Member

Good catch. With that in mind, the latter would just be an additional feature that I wouldn't utilize (and therefore would be easy to overlook), but those EQ points are pretty high and would actually inhibit the usefulness of the box in all likelihood. :meh: