Top ABY's

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by stepswork4me, Jan 6, 2013.

1. stepswork4me

stepswork4me

What's your experience? Which don't lose volume on one amp or the other? What's acceptable?
  2. SirMjac28

SirMjac28 Patiently Waiting For The Next British Invasion Gold Supporting Member

Anything from Lehle more expensive but the quality is there if you want the best.
  3. stepswork4me

stepswork4me

I knew that would be in there. I was hoping for a cheaper option. Hmmmm.... Any experience with the Big Shot Radiant?
  4. zachoff

zachoff

I have a Loopmaster and in three years it's never given me problems. My "lose volume" do you mean switching between a and b or switching to y?
  5. Register to disable this ad
  6. stepswork4me

stepswork4me

I'm currently using a Morley ABY on identical amps and have some volume loss on one, when it's solo'd and in y.
  7. SirMjac28

SirMjac28 Patiently Waiting For The Next British Invasion Gold Supporting Member

+1 yeah I would like some more info on that also?
  8. stepswork4me

stepswork4me

9. zachoff

zachoff

Huh. I can say with confidence that I get no volume loss between A and B. If I used mine "correctly" I'd probably not get any volume loss on Y either, but I don't use it like most folks using two amps. I have A going to channel 1 on my SVT and B going through my disto box and then to channel 2 on my SVT. Y blends the two so I can maintain lows and have good disto at the same time.

Anyway, I definitely get loss there, but I'm pretty sure it has more to do with running both channels on the head at the same time than splitting the signal & getting loss, but I could be wrong.
  10. stepswork4me

stepswork4me

Is the Loopmaster a buffered pedal? In the other thread, someone suggested using a stereo effects pedal as they are typically buffered and wouldn't lose volume.
  11. zachoff

zachoff

I doubt it. Loopmaster is true bypass & doesn't do anything to your signal. The only reason you need to plug it in is to see the LEDs & you can run them w/o plugging them in.

This is the one I have:
    http://www.loop-master.com/product_info.php?cPath=26&products_id=33
  12. stepswork4me

stepswork4me

It reads to be identical to the Morely, function wise. http://www.morleypedals.com/daby.html

I noticed that the volume was lower in one of the amps and attributed it to the difference in settings. They are EQ'd very similarly but one is running an inernal tube emulation and an onboard compressor and the other is runningwithout the emulation with an onboard chorus. According to some folks in the other thread, my volume variation comes from the pedal.... I'm at a loss on this one.
  13. ric4682

ric4682 Supporting Member

Check out the new Fulltone ABY. I heard it's supposed to be the most functional and practical for just splitting your signal.
  14. stepswork4me

stepswork4me

Did some reading and found that analog pedals reduce signal by 3db. This is why I'm experiencing the volume loss and probably some tonal changes. I could either get a different ABY or I could purchase a buffer/clean boost pedal. Hmmmm.... Any thoughts?